Andrea Fontanini

Mar 11, 2013, 8:49:08 AM3/11/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sirs/Madame,

Does anybody use Beagle Board XM with LAN9221? I crosscompile the TI SDK , there is the drivers for SMC but the chip is is not recognized .
The schematic is correct but works only the lan9514...

Must i apply some patch for GPMC support? Any suggestion is welcome!

Br,
Andrea

Gerald Coley

Mar 11, 2013, 8:59:36 AM3/11/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
There is no access to the GPMC signals on the -xM, so I cannot see how it could be used with a LAN9221.

Gerald

Gerald

Andrea Fontanini

Mar 11, 2013, 10:35:38 AM3/11/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Maxim Podbereznyy

Mar 11, 2013, 10:50:34 AM3/11/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

First you need to fix pinmux for all gpmc signals. You can do in u-boot. I will send you necessary code for it and how to initialize lan9221 in u-boot. Linux kernel will also need some modification

Andrea Fontanini

Mar 11, 2013, 11:00:25 AM3/11/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Lisarden I am waiting for your news.

Maxim Podbereznyy

Mar 12, 2013, 1:39:51 AM3/12/13
to beagleboard
Hi Andrea,

here are instructions for a SOM BlueShark with OMAP3 and LAN9221. These instructions refer to rather old SW sources but the things did not change significantly for the hardware

1) how to compile u-boot
git clone git://www.denx.de/git/u-boot.git u-boot-2010.03
cd u-boot-2010.03
git checkout ca6e1c136ddb720c3bb2cc043b99f7f06bc46c55
wget http://mentorel.ru/downloads/blueshark/bs_uboot2010.patches.tgz
tar xzf bs_uboot2010.patches.tgz
quilt push -a
make omap3_blueshark_config make CROSS_COMPILE=/opt/arm-2008q1/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-

2) patches for the kernel 2.6.32
http://mentorel.com/downloads/blueshark/blueshark3-2.6.32-r78.patches.tgz

you will have to copy and paste lines for lan9221 from a file arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-blueshark.c

ask any questions

Andrea Fontanini

Mar 12, 2013, 4:05:09 AM3/12/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Thank you but my u-boot, hw and kernel is quite different. Could you send me a step by step procedure for a custom solution.
Andrea

Maxim Podbereznyy

Mar 12, 2013, 4:34:01 AM3/12/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

All you need is copy and paste necessary lines of code. There is not much and I believe it's quite intuitive and simple