RE: The Grean-Bean and NodeJS on BBB/Seth

Mala Dies

Oct 8, 2017, 5:42:59 AM10/8/17
to BeagleBoard
Hello,

I have paired a Green-Bean, located at FirstBuild.com, with the BBB. It was as easy as a USB connection. Yea! Green-Bean has a GitHub.com page and is located here: https://github.com/FirstBuild/green-bean. I will keep people informed on what transpires.

Seth

P.S. @Jason, this is some more NodeJS stuff that may interest you.

Jason Kridner

Oct 8, 2017, 9:12:05 PM10/8/17
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Very cool. Got to give a workshop at FirstBuild and hope to see more use of BeagleBone.
--
Message has been deleted

Jason Kridner

Oct 10, 2017, 11:23:58 PM10/10/17
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 2:34 PM Mala Dies <fun...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Sir,

Seth here. Mr. Jason, I do not currently have any of the listed machines they have available but I am on the market for a new machine soon, e.g. fridge or other appliance.

With this in mind, I went a step back to see where FirstBuild got their listing for the Green-Bean. GE supposedly promoted this product and have some info. for their APIs.

I went to https://github.com/GEMakers/green-bean and found the API reference I need but I am unable to listen to the info. on the page from GEMakers on GitHub.com. It seems I cannot get GIT installed using npm for some reason. Is this the proper dialog for our forum?

Not so much. Sounds like either a git/github question or a GE question. Anyway, since this thread is running, I'd just let you know that 'git' is already installed on most BeagleBone Debian image and wouldn't ever be something installed via npm. 'git' is used for folks developing the module itself, generally, and the module gets uploaded to npmjs.com:

So, just do: 'npm install green-been'

Seth

P.S. I am asking because I would like to use the APIs when I receive the new appliance that will have Green-Bean compatibility.

Mala Dies

Oct 10, 2017, 11:33:14 PM10/10/17
to BeagleBoard
Hello...thank you.

Seth

Mala Dies

Oct 12, 2017, 6:12:56 PM10/12/17
to BeagleBoard
Hello Sir,

Seth here. Mr. Jason, I looked at the available models on the list of Green-Bean compatible appliances. Damn! Those appliances are no joke and expensive. Some are not in circulation any longer, too. I will keep this page updated in time. I am currently searching for older-modeled appliances that were around when the Green-Bean came out.

My fridge is busted and leaking. This has given me ideas on how to promote the Green-Bean in rotation with the BBB and appliance (smart-appliances).

Seth

P.S. I used npm install green-bean. It worked. Thank you.