Can anyone share if they've successfully been able to get I2C2 working
on the expansion connector - and how?
There's a few other dated discussions on this, but they didn't contain
anything thats worked for me so far. I have two boards (B5 & C3) and
both behave the same when trying to use I2C2; I2C2_SCL stays low while
I2C2_SDA toggles. So far, I've...
1. Verified mux settings for both pins. Can also toggle both pins in
GPIO mode (mode 4) and see on scope.
2. Tried numerous different drops on
3. Enabled I2C2 with menuconfig in releases where it was disabled by
4. Also tried the very latest release on git and applied patches from
OE recipes per this site http://elinux.org/BeagleBoardLinuxKernel
still the same behavior.
5. Confirmed I2C2 was in the kernel and set for 100khz by doing "#
dmesg | grep -i i2c2" once kernel booted up.
6. Verified my user-space program is OK by using dev/i2c1, instead of
dev/i2c2, and it works fine on beagleboard. However, this required
soldering wires to the bottom of the board for I2C1 - not what I want
and not easy to do if your hand shakes at all. ;)