John Reister

Mar 19, 2020, 4:53:37 AM3/19/20
to BeagleBoard
Hi -- first time post, but I have been developing on my BB for about 4 months now with a mix of Python 3.7 and my Linux 4.4.108-ti-r127, g++ Debian 6.3.0-18+deb9u1.  Any suggestions as to how I can get the c++17 filesystem library?

I am also running a bit low on space on my eMMC, between the python, nfc libs/debug, and mosquitto/debug, it is taking a lot of space.  I am trying to keep the system on the eMMC and use a microSD as a media store for my apps.  I am on the BBGW, installed from the 10-7-2018 Flasher, and then upgraded from there.  Any suggestions for reducing my footprint would be great.

(And I am quite happy so far -- it is really helping me with prototyping IOT for my new Cleantech startup.  Thanks to everyone who made this)

Robert Nelson

Mar 19, 2020, 7:54:22 AM3/19/20
to Beagle Board, john.r...@gopowerev.com

John Reister

Mar 19, 2020, 1:28:03 PM3/19/20
to BeagleBoard
Thanks Robert.  If I use that image, what is the best way to get it to flash to the eMMC?  I am guessing that I have to boot up from the microSD (which will be an iso image?), and then edit an environment file on the microsSD--can I do that if the microSD is an iso?  Then reboot with the microSD inserted.  Is that the process?

Robert Nelson

Mar 19, 2020, 1:35:01 PM3/19/20
to Beagle Board, john.r...@gopowerev.com
On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 12:28 PM John Reister
<john.r...@gopowerev.com> wrote:

> Thanks Robert. If I use that image, what is the best way to get it to flash to the eMMC? I am guessing that I have to boot up from the microSD (which will be an iso image?), and then edit an environment file on the microsSD--can I do that if the microSD is an iso? Then reboot with the microSD inserted. Is that the process?

The best way: use the one labeled as: "Target Media: eMMC flasher"...
(we can still reword this word choice in that table on that page...)

* side note, i'm assuming your "application" is backed up somewhere
other than the eMMC when i say above ^..

In which case, use the 'microsd' version copy your project ot the
microsd, then kick off the eMMC flasher script from /boot/uEnv.txt