RAM Upgrade possible?

andrew....@gmail.com

Apr 23, 2020, 12:50:34 PM4/23/20
to BeagleBoard
If I was making a new board using the BBAI as the starting point, would it be easy to simply upgrade the existing RAM to allow for 4GB rather than the current 1GB?  Would there need to be any OS changes (maybe just a device tree change?).

Or, assuming infinite skill with reworking BGA's, is it possible to "simply" pop off the existing RAM chips and solder on some new ones?

I know the processor is capable of supporting 4GB, but am not sure on whether the existing BBAI and OS images support it out of the box.

Thanks

Andrew

KenUnix

Apr 24, 2020, 9:43:06 PM4/24/20
to BeagleBoard

Andrew,

If you find this is do able I would be interested to get a modified BBAI.