RE: Hello and Getting Ideas Ready for Posting/Seth

Mala Dies

Nov 15, 2017, 7:45:34 PM11/15/17
to BeagleBoard
Hello,

My name is Seth. I am currently wanting to make some posts on the BBB and some sensors/Capes w/ the Python and Adafruit_BBIO. I have been reading some of the books that have been available from other people and I think it is time I post an update to these specific books or make my own additions/changes available in the form of posts or some small works.

First issue:

  • I cannot find out how to get the BBB photo to get it integrated into OrCad or Fritzing.
  • I tried OrCad Lite and the .brd file that is available. There is no photo alongside the .brd file.
  • Also, I tried to find some .pdf files or .svg files for Fritzing to use the "schematic" of the BBB to make small works.
    • Small works would basically be:
      • Connected sensors and related sensors in an easy-to-see fashion.
      • Capes, like the Motor Bridge Cape, working w/ motors and power in an easy-to-understand visual.
  • So,
    • In hindsight, I would like to see if you know how to accomplish this task.
    • And if so, could you please jump on board and provide some support?
Seth

P.S. I think this is clear. If it is not that clear and you need extra info, please contact me. Thank you.

Dennis Lee Bieber

Nov 16, 2017, 12:45:32 AM11/16/17
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, 15 Nov 2017 16:45:34 -0800 (PST), Mala Dies
<fun...@gmail.com> declaimed the following:

> - I cannot find out how to get the BBB photo to get it integrated into
> OrCad or Fritzing.
> - I tried OrCad Lite and the .brd file that is available. There is no
> photo alongside the .brd file.
> - Also, I tried to find some .pdf files or .svg files for Fritzing to
> use the "schematic" of the BBB to make small works.

Based upon an early version... try:
https://github.com/adafruit/Fritzing-Library/blob/master/parts/BeagleBone%20Black.fzpz
--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
wlf...@ix.netcom.com HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/

Mala Dies

Nov 16, 2017, 4:44:45 PM11/16/17
to BeagleBoard
Hello,

Sir, I do not know where you got that info. but thank you. It worked like a charm. B/c of my OrCad version (Lite), I cannot handle large files. Anyway, thank you very much.

Seth

P.S. If you need anything, let me know.

Dennis Lee Bieber

Nov 16, 2017, 8:14:07 PM11/16/17
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, 16 Nov 2017 13:44:45 -0800 (PST), Mala Dies
<fun...@gmail.com> declaimed the following:

>Hello,
>
>Sir, I do not know where you got that info. but thank you. It worked like a

Simple Google search for

fritzing beaglebone black

and it came up as the second entry (first if you ignore the [AD] from
Mouser)

Mala Dies

Nov 16, 2017, 8:30:28 PM11/16/17
to BeagleBoard
Hello...when you are right, you are right. I just typed in the same search words. It was second like you stated. I had a bunch of elinux sites but that specific post you showed me was second. Thank you again, sir.

Seth

P.S. What have you been doing w/ your BBB lately?