BeBoPr rev 3 with bridge questions

John Warren

Dec 6, 2016, 11:00:46 PM12/6/16
to BeagleBoard
Hi all. Ive got me a bebopr rev 3 w/ bridge and a bbb. Ive been combing through the github wiki and was hoping someone with some experience could lend me a hand.

Ive had this board for YEARS now and have not been able to get it to turn my steppers. I think it may have something to do with dip switch positions but cant find documentation on what they do or how to set them.

On top of that i have a hot end with an accelerometer for bed leveling. It uses i2c. Ive seen in patch notes for the upgrade to bebopr+++ that it has rerouted the secondary i2c so you dont need to solder on board anymore. Is there a link to this hack? Am I able to access this lovely feature of my hot end or am I barking up the wrong tree?

If anyone has some useful links or documentation that is hard to find id really appreciate it.

Charles Steinkuehler

Dec 7, 2016, 9:51:43 AM12/7/16
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On 12/6/2016 10:00 PM, John Warren wrote:
> Hi all. Ive got me a bebopr rev 3 w/ bridge and a bbb. Ive been
> combing through the github wiki and was hoping someone with some
> experience could lend me a hand.
>
> Ive had this board for YEARS now and have not been able to get it to
> turn my steppers. I think it may have something to do with dip switch
> positions but cant find documentation on what they do or how to set
> them.

Do you have a manual for your BeBoPr? Bas wrote an excellent manual,
but it was never freely available online, so if you didn't buy your
board directly from him you might not have a copy.

It should list most of the details you need. If you don't have a copy I
can send you one off-list.

> On top of that i have a hot end with an accelerometer for bed
> leveling. It uses i2c. Ive seen in patch notes for the upgrade to
> bebopr+++ that it has rerouted the secondary i2c so you dont need to
> solder on board anymore. Is there a link to this hack? Am I able to
> access this lovely feature of my hot end or am I barking up the wrong
> tree?
>
> If anyone has some useful links or documentation that is hard to find
> id really appreciate it.

The bridge board schematics and details are on github:

https://github.com/modmaker/BeBoPr-Bridge

...as are details for the BeBoPr++:
https://github.com/modmaker/BeBoPr-plus-plus

You may also find some helpful details in modmaker's other github
repositories, depending on the specific hardware you have (decamux,
take-5), and there are some hardware specifics in the various BeBoPr
pages on elinux.org.

Note that Bas Laarhoven (aka: modmaker, the BeBoPr designer) passed away
some time ago, so several resources (the BeBoPr forum,
aeselectronics.nl, etc.) are no longer online. :(

--
Charles Steinkuehler
cha...@steinkuehler.net

John Warren

Dec 7, 2016, 6:03:58 PM12/7/16
to BeagleBoard
Charles!

Yeah I had read that. Truly a sad event. I regret not going directly to him for the board. He helped me out in the beginning and was a very nice man. I bought my bridge from you and asked you a few questions in the beginning. I've since got a lot more experience with embedded devices and linux in general to the point where I feel much more confident working with this.

So I got my board from a place called board zoo. no manual came with it unfortunately. I'll see if I can get stuff from the wayback machine too.

John Warren

Dec 8, 2016, 9:20:44 AM12/8/16
to BeagleBoard
Ah so I see on the bridge schematics that the i2c1 pins aren't used by the bebopr at all correct? So I can run a port from those pins just as a connector of some form.