Help BeagleBoard not boot and not leds ON

Sergio David Sánchez Mendoza

Mar 3, 2012, 4:49:32 PM3/3/12
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Hello, Good day for all.
I have today an important problem with my BB.
In this video you can see what is happening:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=AooC1tVZ_tA
As you can see, My BB does not put on the USR0 and the USR1 Leds even the PMU led, just the PWR is ON!!
I need to reinstall the OS, come days, I had installed Ubuntu 11.04 and it was working nice with DVI-D, and Hub ethernet, but today I am trying to reinstall from SD memory and nothing happens! I try to boot from NAND and that does not work. The way that i am trying is to boot, is pressing the USER and RESET buttons, 10 seconds later, i release the RESET buton and 10 sec later I release the RESET button too... That's the way than the manual form.

Please, somebody have experience with that? I need to know what is wrong exactly with my BB. Thank you so much for support this issue.

Saludos/Regards/Grüsse
---
SergioDavid
sdsanchezm@gmail.com

Gerald Coley

Mar 4, 2012, 5:08:37 PM3/4/12
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Try creating an SD card using the factory SW. Follow the instructions to repair the NAND flash and the following link.

Gerald.

2012/3/3 Sergio David Sánchez Mendoza <sdsan...@gmail.com>

--
To join: http://beagleboard.org/discuss

Gerald

SergioSancheZ

Mar 6, 2012, 9:59:18 AM3/6/12
to Beagle Board
Gerald, thank you for your response, but it is not usefull
information.
I fixed this issue in this form:
The original distro of BB is armstrong linux, so it could be usefull
too.
I was thinking my BeagleBoard was chrashed, but it is not true... It
is just a failure due to remove the SD card in a bad form while the OS
is runing (I did it)...
Thank you for read, some questions is wellcomed.
Recovering:
1 - Generate an x-loader with serial support
mkdir serial_boot
cd serial_boot
git clone http://git.omapzoom.org/repo/u-boot.git
git clone http://git.omapzoom.org/repo/x-loader.git
cd x-loader
make distclean
make omap3430labradordownload_config
make
cd ..

2 - Generate Nishant Menon's tools
git clone http://github.com/nmenon/omap-u-boot-utils.git
cd omap-u-boot-utils
make distclean
make

3 - Pick up the U-Boot you'd like to put in SDRAM
cd ..
git clone http://git.denx.de/u-boot.git u-boot-denx
cd u-boot-denx
make distclean
make omap3_beagle_config
make
cd ..

4 - Prepare the boot (or copy)
cd omap-u-boot-utils
cp ../x-loader/x-load.bin .
cp ../u-boot-denx/u-boot.bin .

5 - Boot (use the right tty for your setup of course)
Power off the board.
Run pserial to put the x-loader in the internal SRAM:

./pserial -p /dev/ttyUSB0 -f x-load.bin
./ukermit -p /dev/ttyUSB0 -f u-boot.bin

Now you will see this:
Hit any key to stop autoboot: 0
And later this:
OMAP3 beagleboard.org #
Now you are able to erase nand, use the "help" command to get a list
of usefull commands
Until this step, the xloader and u-boot are in the ram, now the goal
is put it to the NAND

Flashing Xloader to nand
mmcinit
fatload mmc 0:1 80000000 x-load.bin.ift
nand unlock
nandecc hw
nand erase 0 80000
nand write 80000000 0 80000

Flashing U-boot to nand
mmcinit
fatload mmc 0:1 80000000 u-boot.bin
nand unlock
nandecc sw
nand erase 80000 160000
nand write 80000000 80000 160000
Enjoy :)
--SS

On 4 mar, 17:08, Gerald Coley <ger...@beagleboard.org> wrote:
> Try creating an SD card using the factory SW. Follow the instructions to
> repair the NAND flash and the following link.
>
> http://circuitco.com/support/index.php?title=BeagleBoard#Image_Files
>
> Gerald.
>
> 2012/3/3 Sergio David Sánchez Mendoza <sdsanch...@gmail.com>
>

> > Hello, Good day for all.
> > I have today an important problem with my BB.
> > In this video you can see what is happening:
> >www.youtube.com/watch?v=AooC1tVZ_tA
> > As you can see, My BB does not put on the USR0 and the USR1 Leds even the
> > PMU led, just the PWR is ON!!
> > I need to reinstall the OS, come days, I had installed Ubuntu 11.04 and it
> > was working nice with DVI-D, and Hub ethernet, but today I am trying to
> > reinstall from SD memory and nothing happens! I try to boot from NAND and
> > that does not work. The way that i am trying is to boot, is pressing the
> > USER and RESET buttons, 10 seconds later, i release the RESET buton and 10
> > sec later I release the RESET button too... That's the way than the manual
> > form.
>
> > Please, somebody have experience with that? I need to know what is wrong
> > exactly with my BB. Thank you so much for support this issue.
>
> > Saludos/Regards/Grüsse
> > ---
> > SergioDavid
> > sdsanchezm@ <http://gmail.com/>gmail.com <http://eizzen.co.nr/>

Gerald Coley

Mar 6, 2012, 3:29:53 PM3/6/12
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to hear it was not useful informatioon. Do you suggest that I remove it?

Gerald

SergioSancheZ

Mar 6, 2012, 3:46:35 PM3/6/12
to Beagle Board
Hello Gerald.
Absolutelly not, I mean, just in my case was not usefull...
My specific case was the recovery of BB, the nand memory did not have
x-load and u-boot I fixed that issue by flashing it that's all...
other man can find usefull what you said and documents there
Thanks for response

On 6 mar, 15:29, Gerald Coley <ger...@beagleboard.org> wrote:
> Sorry to hear it was not useful informatioon. Do you suggest that I remove
> it?
>
> Gerald
>

> On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 8:59 AM, SergioSancheZ <sdsanch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Gerald, thank you for your response, but it is not usefull
> > information.
> > I fixed this issue in this form:
> > The original distro of BB is armstrong linux, so it could be usefull
> > too.
> > I was thinking my BeagleBoard was chrashed, but it is not true... It
> > is just a failure due to remove the SD card in a bad form while the OS
> > is runing (I did it)...
> > Thank you for read, some questions is wellcomed.
>
> > ===========================================================================­===========
> > Recovering:
> > 1 - Generate an x-loader with serial support
> > mkdir serial_boot
> > cd serial_boot
> > git clonehttp://git.omapzoom.org/repo/u-boot.git
> > git clonehttp://git.omapzoom.org/repo/x-loader.git
> > cd x-loader
> > make distclean
> > make omap3430labradordownload_config
> > make
> > cd ..
>
> > 2 - Generate Nishant Menon's tools
> > git clonehttp://github.com/nmenon/omap-u-boot-utils.git

Gerald Coley

Mar 6, 2012, 3:50:33 PM3/6/12
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
This process I pointed you to reflashes the NAND for you. That is what it was supposed to do if the instructions were followed..

Gerald