Adam Saenz

Oct 24, 2017, 11:11:59 PM10/24/17
to BeagleBoard
I am not able to see the Beagle Bone Blue as a mass storage device or USB Network; I've tried it on a Win7 PC and a Mac with OSX Sierra.  I followed the "Getting Started" guide; installed the latest image (Debian 9.2 2017-10-10 4GB SD IoT) from https://beagleboard.org/latest-images and loaded the indicated drivers.

Any advice on what I should try next?  I'd like to have USB Network available as a backup to WiFi.

Thanks,

Adam

Unlisted

Oct 25, 2017, 8:47:50 AM10/25/17
to BeagleBoard
* Have you tried a different USB cable?

* Can you boot the Win7 PC with an Ubuntu LiveCD (or LiveUSB) and try it from the Ubuntu OS?

Adam Saenz

Oct 25, 2017, 9:03:21 PM10/25/17
to BeagleBoard
I have not!  It's the simple stuff that escapes us!  I'll buy a new cable and report back on the results.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Adam

Adam Saenz

Oct 26, 2017, 10:37:20 PM10/26/17
to BeagleBoard
Ok, bought a pack of new cables and I now have USB network and mass storage.  I was using a cable that came with some Bluetooth headsets.  It charges the headsets fine, but I guess the data lines don't work or are not even present.  Thanks again for the help.
Message has been deleted