Re: [beagleboard] newbie to beagleboardxm

Maxim Podbereznyy

Jul 10, 2012, 11:26:35 AM7/10/12
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Badri,

Good news is Eclipse and Qt are available for the Beagleboard. Just use google and you will find everything

10.07.2012 16:29 пользователь "Badri Narayanan@nithin" <bad...@gmail.com> написал:
Hello everyone,

I am just going to purchase a beagleboard xm. Previously I used to work with cortex m processors and arm 7's. Putting it short, I dont know much about embedded linux.

Now I want to know what are the compiler,debugger and IDE for using with this board.

If I am not wrong, it is gcc and gdb right? What about IDE? I have got some of my applications built in keil IDE. Can I  use Eclipse for porting the applications? Also how to use gui like qt with beagleboard? kindly show some pointers. thank you

-- To join: http://beagleboard.org/discuss
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to:
beagleboard...@googlegroups.com
Frequently asked questions: http://beagleboard.org/faq

badri narayanan

Jul 10, 2012, 1:55:28 PM7/10/12
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
hi maxim, thanks for your reply. I ll google it :) But I am having XDS100v2 emulator. This will work with beagleboard xm in eclipse right?
--
Badri Narayanan@Nithin

Maxim Podbereznyy

Jul 10, 2012, 2:20:16 PM7/10/12
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

I'm not a fan of GUI programming under linux. It definetly works with beagleboard but I don't know about Eclipse. Google it :)

badri narayanan

Jul 10, 2012, 2:22:17 PM7/10/12
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Ok, thanks for your reply once again. coz, I have used eclipse in my prev projects and I have an application to port to beagleboard xm. I ve googled and am yet to find a reliable resource.

Mark Grosen

Jul 10, 2012, 2:52:01 PM7/10/12
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 11:22 AM, badri narayanan <bad...@gmail.com> wrote:
Ok, thanks for your reply once again. coz, I have used eclipse in my prev projects and I have an application to port to beagleboard xm. I ve googled and am yet to find a reliable resource.

TI's IDE, Code Composer Studio (CCS), is based on Eclipse and supports the XDS100v2 emulator and the DM3/AM3 processors on the Beagle family of boards. CCS runs on Windows and Linux and is free when used with the XDS100v2 emulator:

Badri Narayanan@nithin