StarterWare-like stuff for BB AI available?

Mike Maikaefer

Oct 25, 2019, 1:58:30 AM10/25/19
to BeagleBoard
Hi,

I'm currently using the BBB with some extensive bare-metal software which bases on StarterWare. Now the BB AI looks very interesting for me and I would like to switch over with this software to the new platform.

I'm absolutely aware of the fact that a lot of things would have to be done as not only the two cores have to be handled completely different.

But my questions is: is there something like StarterWare/a board support package available which gives the possibility to directly program the BB AI in a similar low-level way like the BBB?

Thanks!

aras...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2019, 1:14:04 PM12/10/19
to BeagleBoard
You'd be much better off with RTOS. Starterware was never made for AM57x

Mark Lazarewicz

Dec 10, 2019, 2:18:48 PM12/10/19
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
As I understand it Starterware was folded into SDK it's the BSP for RTOS that's what I would use you could easily not start multitasking and run a for ground/ background no RTOS approach or use the DSP- BIOS real-time  preemptive multitasking RTOS
That's what industry uses for hard real-time. For those that don't need hard real-time they also provide the Linux with platform support. This is in my mind a great path and it support industry standard source level debug with JTAG and TI Best in class tool's