GPMC DMA Example

Jack Zhang

Aug 9, 2013, 3:44:11 PM8/9/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Can someone please provide an example on how to use the Prefetch function for the GPMC with DMA?

I am very confused about this. I read through the prefetch section on the technical reference manual and still very confused.

Please help!

Jack

Gerald Coley

Aug 9, 2013, 4:04:25 PM8/9/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Did you have a particular board or processor in mind?

Gerald

Jack Zhang

Aug 9, 2013, 4:06:32 PM8/9/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I'm using the beaglebone board and therefore it's the

AM335x 720MHz ARM Cortex-A8

Gerald Coley

Aug 9, 2013, 4:08:40 PM8/9/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Very good. Now people can help better. The BeagleBone Black also uses the same processor, but the GPMC is a little different on that board due to external hardware, even though the same processor is used.

Gerald