Are Windows Driver Signings Going to be Updated?

Jared McIntyre

Jan 4, 2017, 7:44:19 PM1/4/17
to BeagleBoard
The Window's drivers haven't been install-able without turning off sign checking for several months. I have a number of machines that I can't do that on due to IT policy. Is there going to be an updated installer with updated signings?

woody stanford

Jan 29, 2017, 7:48:58 PM1/29/17
to BeagleBoard

Jared McIntyre

Jan 29, 2017, 8:23:26 PM1/29/17
to BeagleBoard
Unfortunately, the workaround isn't a workaround for everyone. IT departments can block these settings, and in fact they can be locked at the UEFI level requiring changes to UEFI settings that require a password. So, in the case I described, only signed drives will work (or convincing an IT department to change their policy). No amount of fiddling with bcdedit will work.

Robert Nelson

Jan 29, 2017, 8:33:14 PM1/29/17
to Beagle Board, ja...@dfsoftware.com
On Sun, Jan 29, 2017 at 7:23 PM, Jared McIntyre <ja...@dfsoftware.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, the workaround isn't a workaround for everyone. IT departments can block these settings, and in fact they can be locked at the UEFI level requiring changes to UEFI settings that require a password. So, in the case I described, only signed drives will work (or convincing an IT department to change their policy). No amount of fiddling with bcdedit will work.

Updated 4 days ago:

https://github.com/beagleboard/beaglebone-getting-started/tree/master/Drivers/Windows

(and if you run: sudo apt update ; sudo apt upgrade on your beagle,
the flash drive *.img already has those updates)

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

woody stanford

Jan 30, 2017, 2:53:00 PM1/30/17
to BeagleBoard
I would take your IT manager or sys admin out to lunch to Appleby's or Olive Garden and get to know him/her. This is a human issue not a technical one IMO.