CANBus Cape availability

then...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2019, 12:16:10 PM8/13/19
to BeagleBoard
Hi All.

Does anyone know of a source for the CANbuscape described in the BeagleBone support website, allegedly built by Beagleboard Toys?
What I really want is the isolation provided by the transceiver, and any other BBB compatible board that has the same or equivalent chip would be adequate to me. There are a smallish number of CANbus capes for the BBB (actually BBG, in my case; I assume there is no compatibility issue), and all of the ones I've seen offer little or no isolation from the CAN bus. There is the design at

which has an isolating transceiver. HAs anyone used that design to build up a cape in real hardware? Any available for sale?

   ---   rod.

Jason Kridner

Aug 13, 2019, 2:39:27 PM8/13/19
to BeagleBoard