Latest BeagleBoard.org Debian 7.9 image BoneScript problem

Wally Bkg

Jan 27, 2016, 11:39:46 AM1/27/16
to BeagleBoard

After receiving advice to "stick with Wheezy if you want BoneScript" in response to my question about it for Jessie in another thread, I've installed "latest" image:
 http://builds.beagleboard.org/images/master/08132bf0d0cb284d1148c5d329fe3c8e1aaee44d/bone-debian-7.9-lxde-4gb-armhf-2015-11-12-4gb.img.xz

Its current with apt-get update ; apt-get upgrade as of yesterday, but I'm finding BoneScript is still broken in terms of running the Cloud9  *.js examples.

For instance, /var/lib/cloud9/examples/fade.js doesn't work, when run in the c9 command window tab I get:

debugger listening on port 15454
error: Unable to read from CapeMgr slots: Write to CapeMgr slots failed: Error: EINVAL, invalid argument
info: Error loading devicetree overlay for P9_14 using template bspwm
error: error updating PWM freq and value: undefined, Error: ENOENT, no such file or directory 'undefined/duty'
error: error updating PWM freq and value: undefined, Error: ENOENT, no such file or directory 'undefined/duty'

The repeated ENOENT error scrolls continuously until I press the "STOP" button.

The simple blinkled.js does work in that the user LEDs and the LED I wired to P9_14 blink, but the command window shows an apparently harmless error message:

debugger listening on port 15454
error: Unable to read from CapeMgr slots: Write to CapeMgr slots failed: Error: EINVAL, invalid argument

The analog2.js example runs without errors and seems correct compared to a voltmeter across the CdS photocell I've wired up for the test.

One would hope that an "official" image would at least run the "top level" sample code correctly out of the box.

Wally Bkg

Jan 29, 2016, 1:27:15 PM1/29/16
to BeagleBoard
The Beaglebone Cookbook page says the examples are tested with image 2015-03-01.

So it looks like a "bug" in the latest 2015-11-12 image has broken the b.analogWrite() function, and causes apparently harmless error messages in the blinkled.js example.