Bad playback using MPlayer in Python program

Trey Lewis

Nov 3, 2018, 4:20:36 PM11/3/18
to BeagleBoard
Hi everyone,

I am currently trying to play an mp3 file using subprocess and mplayer from a python program running on my BeagleBone, however the audio playback is very choppy, and jumps around. I have tried altering the cache and using lib mad but haven't had success so far correcting the issue. Does anyone have any insight on how to correct this issue, or know of another mp3 player besides mplayer that I could try that may work better?

Thanks!

Trey

Trey Lewis

Nov 4, 2018, 11:42:02 PM11/4/18
to BeagleBoard
I have figured out that the issue is possibly because the sampling rate of the audio output driver is different than the sampling rate of the music file. However, I'm not sure how to fix the problem because when I try to manually set the sampling rate, it does not change. I have also tried to use a different output driver, but couldn't get that working either, possibly because I am no configuring it correctly. Any advice?