How to configure extra USB gadgets on BBB?

Andrew P. Lentvorski

May 7, 2020, 3:48:04 AM5/7/20
to BeagleBoard
Is there a way to configure extra USB gadget endpoints in addition to the BBB default ones or do I just have to go in and edit the am335x_evm.sh script?

Thanks.

William Hermans

May 7, 2020, 2:14:09 PM5/7/20
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 1:48 AM Andrew P. Lentvorski <bsd...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there a way to configure extra USB gadget endpoints in addition to the BBB default ones or do I just have to go in and edit the am335x_evm.sh script?

Thanks.

Andrew P. Lentvorski

May 7, 2020, 7:52:03 PM5/7/20
to BeagleBoard
Well, that documentation seems to be quite old and the shell script itself seems to indicate that I should be using a different path to a composite gadget (via libcomposite?), no?  It also doesn't seem like I need to hack the driver for things llike Ethernet anymore.  Finally, that link only mentions up to Windows 7, so I suspect it is quite old, at this point.

if [ "${kernel_major}" -lt "${compare_major}" ] ; then
        use_old_g_multi
elif [ "${kernel_major}" -eq "${compare_major}" ] ; then

if [ "${kernel_minor}" -lt "${compare_minor}" ] ; then
                use_old_g_multi

else
                use_libcomposite

fi
else
        use_libcomposite
fi

What am I missing?  I am, quite obviously, unfamilar with all the incantations around composite devices or I wouldn't be asking.

And my question about "Is there a way to do this without mangling the am335x_evm.sh script?" still stands.  It appears tha answer is "No.", but I have so little experience around this that I really don't trust my gut instincts to be useful here.

Thanks.