RE: 5" LCD Cape Touch Display/Working Models

Mala Dies

Oct 1, 2019, 12:28:24 AM10/1/19
to BeagleBoard
Hello,

There was this nice person. This nice person helped me.

If you have this Cape for your BBB/BBG, https://www.seeedstudio.com/5-Inch-BeagleBone-Green-LCD-Cape-with-Resistive-Touch-p-2642.html, there are some things to get up and running.

If I am not mistaken, use this command for your SD Card usage and for the eMMC when on 4.19.x:

sudo /opt/scripts/tools/developers/update_bootloader.sh

.

That command will update your bootloader to the updated version that this nice person patched earlier in the uboot_overlay section of his/her scripts.

Okay so!

Also, check the your version.sh file at /opt/scripts/tools/:

sudo /opt/scripts/tools/version.sh

dogtag:[BeagleBoard.org Debian Image 2018-10-07] is my image and my kernel is kernel:[4.19.59-ti-r26].

Seth

P.S. I think this nice person already updated the uboot_overlay section. So, things should work out of the box now. I am going to update my kernel soon. I will let people know how things go.

Mala Dies

Oct 1, 2019, 12:34:33 AM10/1/19
to BeagleBoard
Hello Again,

Oh and another thing...

sudo apt install xfce4

This command will get you the XFCE UI for your debian distro on the BBB/BBG. I have not tested this Cape on the BBGW or the BBBW thus far.

I am sure there are things that are in the way, e.g. pins that are already used up due to the chip for WiFi/Bluetooth.

Seth

P.S. Testing will ensue!