Re: [beagleboard] Beaglebone Black GPMC issues

Tom King

May 27, 2013, 7:52:27 PM5/27/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Jack,

You can put a MLO, boot and rootfs on a card just as well as having it on the emmc...for Angstrom, thats what I do every day.

Tom

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 4:39 PM, <jackzh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello all,

Here is what I have so far.

I need to use the GPMC features on the BBB, in order for me to do that, I have to boot from the microSD card because apparently according to the manual, GPMC needs the eMMC to be free.

So, I installed uBuntu 13.04 onto my SD card and I am booting from that (since Angstrom doesn't have anything that lets you boot from the system for the SD card).

Now the problem I have is how do I change Pin Mux in ubuntu? I know how to do that quite well in the Angstrom environment.

Your help is appreciated!

Jack

Koen Kooi

May 28, 2013, 1:52:41 AM5/28/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Op 28 mei 2013, om 01:39 heeft jackzh...@gmail.com het volgende geschreven:

> since Angstrom doesn't have anything that lets you boot from the system for the SD card).

I boot from uSD on beaglebone and beaglebone black daily with angstrom, so I don't get what you mean with "doesn't have anything that boots from sd".

Jack Zhang

May 28, 2013, 2:05:14 AM5/28/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Which file do you use on your uSD?

This is the link that I use, but all those files are either for flashing eMMC or for Beaglebone and not Beaglebone black.

Koen Kooi

May 28, 2013, 2:10:35 AM5/28/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Op 28 mei 2013, om 08:05 heeft Jack Zhang <jackzh...@gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:

> Which file do you use on your uSD?
>
> http://downloads.angstrom-distribution.org/demo/beaglebone/
>
> This is the link that I use, but all those files are either for flashing eMMC or for Beaglebone and not Beaglebone black.

There's no difference between the images for beaglebone and beaglebone black, they all support both. So use the img.xz.

> On Monday, May 27, 2013 10:52:41 PM UTC-7, Koen Kooi wrote:
>
> Op 28 mei 2013, om 01:39 heeft jackzh...@gmail.com het volgende geschreven:
>
> > since Angstrom doesn't have anything that lets you boot from the system for the SD card).
>
> I boot from uSD on beaglebone and beaglebone black daily with angstrom, so I don't get what you mean with "doesn't have anything that boots from sd".

Jack Zhang

May 28, 2013, 2:15:15 AM5/28/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I tried that though, but problem that I had was that it didn't let me ssh to the board.

Did this happen to you? Or did you do something differently?

Koen Kooi

May 28, 2013, 2:51:05 AM5/28/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Op 28 mei 2013, om 08:15 heeft Jack Zhang <jackzh...@gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:

> I tried that though, but problem that I had was that it didn't let me ssh to the board.
>
> Did this happen to you? Or did you do something differently?

SSH works fine here.

Jack Zhang

May 29, 2013, 1:16:07 PM5/29/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Which file did you put on your SD card? The flasher or the other one.

vaibhav....@gmail.com

Mar 18, 2014, 5:36:42 PM3/18/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Make sure that you aren't sharing your network connection with your beaglebone.