Beagle Bone Black 4D Systems 4th Gen LCD, could not request pin 40

Mecha Lec

Aug 27, 2019, 7:39:00 AM8/27/19
to BeagleBoard
I have a BBB Revision C, with 4DSystems LCD Cape.

I am running 2net 4.1 Kernal ,http://www.2net.co.uk/android4beagle.html

The screen shows "Android" and then this fades out.

Looking at serial I have this error:

[    3.353484] pinctrl-single 44e10800.pinmux: pin 44e108a0.0 already requested by panel; cannot claim for 0-0070
[    3.363651] pinctrl-single 44e10800.pinmux: pin-40 (0-0070) status -22
[    3.370239] pinctrl-single 44e10800.pinmux: could not request pin 40 (44e108a0.0) from group nxp_hdmi_bonelt_pins  on device pinctrl-single

I think this might be why it doesn't continue with the Kernal but I could be wrong.

Referring to all available forum posts regarding this LCD I have tried many different options in uEnv.txt to disable HDMI, disable universal cape and alike but nothing seems to work.
I am not sure what command options are actually relevant to this particular build.

I have also read that the boot int eh EMMC can also affect the overlays which are being loaded by the image in the SD card. I have ensured I have loaded one of the latest flasher images from official beagle bone site.
Running just this flasher image, the screen does display correctly so I know it is not a hardware related issue.

I have also double checked the overlay that is being used and all the pins are correct and match the schematic of the display.

I am a newbie to Beable Bone Black and Linux so this is incredibly difficult and have spent weeks now trying to overcome this hurdle.
So any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have attached the serial outputs from the problamatic SD image and also for my base EMMC.

Hoping someone could provide some info to push me in the right direction.

BBB_SerialOuputEMMC.txt
BBB_SerialOutput.txt

John Baker

Dec 14, 2019, 7:31:57 PM12/14/19
to BeagleBoard
I used a 4DSystems 4Dcapes for the BBB (https://4dsystems.com.au/products/primary-display-modules-capes-shields/4dcape-70t) and added a real-ttime clock board and an analog I-O board that I designed and had fabbed at OSH Park. I used  Debian Linux OS and programmed it in Python along with using Matplotlib and Tkinter. It was a little tricky as there are conflicts with the pins. You should check the pinouts in the schematics for conflicts and also check for help from 4DSystems.
Goodluck.
John