BBBW Operating Temperature

Claude Sammut

May 7, 2020, 5:19:57 PM5/7/20
to BeagleBoard

Hello!
I was trying to find the operating temperatures for the BBBW but I could not find any official documentation other than that of the octavo processor. can perhaps someone shed some light or point me to the right direction

Robert Nelson

May 7, 2020, 6:10:27 PM5/7/20
to Beagle Board
On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 4:20 PM Claude Sammut <fenc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello!
> I was trying to find the operating temperatures for the BBBW but I could not find any official documentation other than that of the octavo processor. can perhaps someone shed some light or point me to the right direction

Here's the full "original" bom:

https://github.com/beagleboard/beaglebone-black-wireless/blob/master/BeagleBone_Black_Wireless_BOM.csv

only 75 parts to research to figure out the temperature range..

Then factor in 3 OEM's swapping in components due to supply/demand...
GHI, Element14, and Seeed ;)

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

Don Pancoe

May 7, 2020, 10:20:43 PM5/7/20
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
If you have a need for extended temperature range, check out the BeagleBone Black Industrial from element14. -40 to +85 C

Don

On Thu, May 7, 2020, 5:20 PM Claude Sammut <fenc...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello!
I was trying to find the operating temperatures for the BBBW but I could not find any official documentation other than that of the octavo processor. can perhaps someone shed some light or point me to the right direction

Claude Sammut

Don Pancoe

May 8, 2020, 8:14:57 AM5/8/20
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Arrow.com has them in stock. I've ordered from Arrow before and, even though they show the Black in the picture, it is the red-colored element14 board that arrived. It's the ITEMP modifier that you want to look for.

--
Don Pancoe, P.E.
Industrial Designer, Electrical Engineer

IMG_20200508_081258814.jpg