How to install Ubuntu 14.04 without Graphical Desktop on BeagleBone Green

Ichrak Mansour

Jun 25, 2018, 5:55:33 AM6/25/18
to BeagleBoard
Hello,

I would like to install Ubuntu 14.04 ( without graphical desktop ) on my BeagleBone Green because I need that on my Iot project.

Thanks in advance.

Dennis Lee Bieber

Jun 25, 2018, 10:00:31 AM6/25/18
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 02:55:33 -0700 (PDT), Ichrak Mansour
<ichrakma...@gmail.com> declaimed the
following:

>Hello,
>
>I would like to install Ubuntu 14.04 ( without graphical desktop ) on my
>BeagleBone Green because I need that on my Iot project.

What part of Ubuntu do you "need"? Most comparisons of Debian vs Ubuntu
indicate that Ubuntu is based off an (unstable) branch of Debian, with a
focus on being a more user(newbie)-friendly graphical desktop system. But
it is that specific focus that you say you don't want to install, so what
is left?

https://thishosting.rocks/debian-vs-ubuntu/
https://www.datamation.com/open-source/debian-vs-ubuntu-which-is-best-for-you-1.html
https://linuxconfig.org/debian-vs-ubuntu
https://hosting.review/comparison/debian-vs-ubuntu/

--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
wlf...@ix.netcom.com HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/

Ichrak Mansour

Jun 25, 2018, 10:30:18 AM6/25/18
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your reply,

I would like to install the part of Ubuntu, which I can install MongoDB and to work with cloud9 on my BBG.

Thanks.

    ICHRAK Mansour
Etudiante en ingénierie Téléinformatique
Université de Sousse - ISITCOM

Robert Nelson

Jun 25, 2018, 10:39:01 AM6/25/18
to Beagle Board
On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 9:29 AM, Ichrak Mansour
<ichrakma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for your reply,
>
> I would like to install the part of Ubuntu, which I can install MongoDB and
> to work with cloud9 on my BBG.

It'll still be 32bit and not supported by MongoDB developers..

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/