problems with realtime kernel on Beaglebone AI

John Allwine

May 1, 2020, 4:13:15 PM5/1/20
to BeagleBoard
I'm trying to use a real time kernel on the Beaglebone AI to get MachineKit running. I'm able to run MachineKit on a non-rt kernel (4.14.108-ti-r113), but when I update to the latest ti-rt kernel (4.14.108-ti-rt-r134), I get an error:

user cannot gain I/O privileges - forgot 'sudo make setuid'?

Any idea what's going on? Is there a different kernel that is recommended?

John Allwine

May 1, 2020, 4:15:40 PM5/1/20
to BeagleBoard
I checked dmesg and saw this as well:

[  811.654246] warning: process `rtapi:0' used the deprecated sysctl system call with 8.1.2.

Robert Nelson

May 1, 2020, 4:38:12 PM5/1/20
to Beagle Board
Let me know if we need to tweak the rt kernel config to support that..

John Allwine

May 1, 2020, 4:40:04 PM5/1/20
to Beagle Board
I'm not sure, what does that involve? It's probably worth a shot.

John Allwine

May 1, 2020, 5:36:40 PM5/1/20
to Beagle Board

John Allwine