Question about the reset line on the LAN9514 controller

Andrew Langley

Jul 18, 2017, 5:02:15 PM7/18/17
to BeagleBoard
I have a question about the XM implementation of the LAN9514, which is used for the USB2.0 hub and Ethernet controller. I noticed the reset line on this chip (HUB_RESET) is connected to GPIO56. Is this IO used somewhere in software or the device tree to reset this device? Or is it not really being used for anything?

Robert Nelson

Jul 18, 2017, 5:08:15 PM7/18/17
to Beagle Board, hudr...@gmail.com

Andrew Langley

Jul 18, 2017, 5:18:26 PM7/18/17
to Robert Nelson, Beagle Board
I was looking at that, but the device tree only mentions GPIO147, which is a reset line for USB3320, not the LAN9514. At least as far as I can tell.