3.0 kernel for beagleboard available for testing

1777 views
Skip to first unread message

Koen Kooi

unread,
Jul 22, 2011, 4:16:32 AM7/22/11
to beagleboard@googlegroups.com Board
Hi,

For people who want to test the latest kernel, give the following a try:

http://dominion.thruhere.net/koen/angstrom/beagleboard/3.0/uImage-3.0-r101e-beagleboard-20110722071748.bin
http://dominion.thruhere.net/koen/angstrom/beagleboard/3.0/modules-3.0.0+-r101e-beagleboard.tgz

You can rebuild it using the meta-ti metadata: http://git.angstrom-distribution.org/cgi-bin/cgit.cgi/meta-texasinstruments/tree/README or manually with the instructions below.

The list of patches applied on top of Linus' release:

Andy Green (6):
I2C: OMAP2+: Set hwmod flags to only allow 16-bit accesses to i2c
I2C: OMAP2+: increase omap_i2c_dev_attr flags from u8 to u32
I2C: OMAP2+: Introduce I2C IP versioning constants
I2C: OMAP1/OMAP2+: create omap I2C functionality flags for each cpu_... test
I2C: OMAP2+: Tag all OMAP2+ hwmod defintions with I2C IP revision
I2C: OMAP2+: add correct functionality flags to all omap2plus i2c dev_attr

Arnd Bergmann (1):
omap2+: fix build regression

Avinash.H.M (1):
OMAP: hwmod: fix the i2c-reset timeout during bootup

Benoit Cousson (36):
OMAP2+: hwmod: Fix smart-standby + wakeup support
OMAP4: hwmod data: Add MSTANDBY_SMART_WKUP flag
OMAP2+: hwmod: Do not write the enawakeup bit if SYSC_HAS_ENAWAKEUP is not set
OMAP2+: hwmod: Remove _populate_mpu_rt_base warning
OMAP2+: hwmod: Fix the HW reset management
OMAP: hwmod: Add warnings if enable failed
OMAP: hwmod: Move pr_debug to improve the readability
OMAP4: hwmod data: Fix L3 interconnect data order and alignement
OMAP4: hwmod data: Remove un-needed parens
OMAP4: hwmod data: Fix bad alignement
OMAP4: hwmod data: Align interconnect format with regular modules
OMAP4: clock data: Add sddiv to USB DPLL
OMAP4: clock data: Remove usb_host_fs clkdev with NULL dev
OMAP4: clock data: Re-order some clock nodes and structure fields
OMAP4: clock data: Fix max mult and div for USB DPLL
OMAP4: prcm: Fix errors in few defines name
OMAP4: prm: Remove wrong clockdomain offsets
OMAP4: powerdomain data: Fix indentation
OMAP4: cm: Remove RESTORE macros to avoid access from SW
OMAP4: prcm_mpu: Fix indent in few macros
OMAP4: clockdomain data: Fix data order and wrong name
OMAP4: powerdomain data: Fix core mem states and missing cefuse flag
OMAP: omap_device: Create clkdev entry for hwmod main_clk
OMAP4: hwmod data: Add clock domain attribute
OMAP2+: hwmod: Init clkdm field at boot time
OMAP4: hwmod: Replace CLKCTRL absolute address with offset macros
OMAP: hwmod: Wait the idle status to be disabled
OMAP4: hwmod: Replace RSTCTRL absolute address with offset macros
OMAP4: prm: Replace warm reset API with the offset based version
OMAP4: prm: Remove deprecated functions
OMAP4: hwmod data: Add PRM context register offset
OMAP4: hwmod data: Add modulemode entry in omap_hwmod structure
OMAP4: cm: Add two new APIs for modulemode control
OMAP4: hwmod: Introduce the module control in hwmod control
OMAP2+: clockdomain: Add 2 APIs to control clockdomain from hwmod framework
OMAP4: powerdomain data: add voltage domains

Colin Cross (1):
OMAP2+: cpufreq: notify even with bad boot frequency

Fernandes, Joel A (1):
OMAP3: beagle: add support for beagleboard xM revision C

Grazvydas Ignotas (1):
omap: cleanup NAND platform data

Jarkko Nikula (5):
omap: mcbsp: Drop SPI mode support
omap: mcbsp: Drop in-driver transfer support
omap: mcbsp: Remove rx_/tx_word_length variables
omap: mcbsp: Remove port number enums
OMAP2PLUS: cpufreq: Fix typo when attempting to set mpu_clk for OMAP4

Jean Pihet (1):
OMAP PM: remove OMAP_PM_NONE config option

Jon Hunter (3):
OMAP4: clock data: Remove McASP2, McASP3 and MMC6 clocks
OMAP4: clock data: Remove UNIPRO clock nodes
OMAP: Add debugfs node to show the summary of all clocks

Keerthy (1):
Enabling Hwmon driver for twl4030-madc

Kevin Hilman (50):
OMAP: omap_device: replace _find_by_pdev() with to_omap_device()
OMAP2+: hwmod: remove unused voltagedomain pointer
OMAP2+: voltage: move PRCM mod offets into VC/VP structures
OMAP2+: voltage: move prm_irqst_reg from VP into voltage domain
OMAP2+: voltage: start towards a new voltagedomain layer
OMAP3: voltage: rename "mpu" voltagedomain to "mpu_iva"
OMAP3: voltagedomain data: add wakeup domain
OMAP3+: voltage: add scalable flag to voltagedomain
OMAP2+: powerdomain: add voltagedomain to struct powerdomain
OMAP2: add voltage domains and connect to powerdomains
OMAP3: powerdomain data: add voltage domains
OMAP2+: powerdomain: add voltage domain lookup during register
OMAP2+: voltage: keep track of powerdomains in each voltagedomain
OMAP2+: voltage: split voltage controller (VC) code into dedicated layer
OMAP2+: voltage: move VC into struct voltagedomain, misc. renames
OMAP2+: voltage: enable VC bypass scale method when VC is initialized
OMAP2+: voltage: split out voltage processor (VP) code into new layer
OMAP2+: VC: support PMICs with separate voltage and command registers
OMAP2+: add PRM VP functions for checking/clearing VP TX done status
OMAP3+ VP: replace transaction done check/clear with VP ops
OMAP2+: PRM: add register access functions for VC/VP
OMAP3+: voltage: convert to PRM register access functions
OMAP3+: VC: cleanup i2c slave address configuration
OMAP3+: VC: cleanup PMIC register address configuration
OMAP3+: VC bypass: use fields from VC struct instead of PMIC info
OMAP3+: VC: cleanup voltage setup time configuration
OMAP3+: VC: move on/onlp/ret/off command configuration into common init
OMAP3+: VC: abstract out channel configuration
OMAP3+: voltage domain: move PMIC struct from vdd_info into struct voltagedomain
OMAP3+: VC: make I2C config programmable with PMIC-specific settings
OMAP3+: PM: VC: handle mutant channel config for OMAP4 MPU channel
OMAP3+: VC: use last nominal voltage setting to get current_vsel
OMAP3+: VP: cleanup: move VP instance into voltdm, misc. renames
OMAP3+: voltage: remove unneeded debugfs interface
OMAP3+: VP: struct omap_vp_common: replace shift with __ffs(mask)
OMAP3+: VP: move SoC-specific sys clock rate retreival late init
OMAP3+: VP: move timing calculation/config into VP init
OMAP3+: VP: create VP helper function for updating error gain
OMAP3+: VP: remove omap_vp_runtime_data
OMAP3+: VP: move voltage scale function pointer into struct voltagedomain
OMAP3+: VP: update_errorgain(): return error if VP
OMAP3+: VP: remove unused omap_vp_get_curr_volt()
OMAP3+: VP: combine setting init voltage into common function
OMAP3+: voltage: rename scale and reset functions using voltdm_ prefix
OMAP3+: voltage: move/rename curr_volt from vdd_info into struct voltagedomain
OMAP3+: voltdm: final removal of omap_vdd_info
OMAP3+: voltage: rename omap_voltage_get_nom_volt -> voltdm_get_voltage
OMAP3+: voltage: update nominal voltage in voltdm_scale() not VC post-scale
OMAP: CPUfreq: ensure policy is fully initialized
cpufreq: fixup after new OPP layer merged

Koen Kooi (3):
UNFINISHED: OMAP3: beagle: add support for expansionboards
HACK: OMAP3: beagle: switch to GPTIMER1
OMAP3: beagle: HACK! add in 1GHz OPP

Miguel Vadillo (1):
OMAP2+: hwmod: Enable module in shutdown to access sysconfig

Mike Turquette (6):
OMAP3630: PRM: add ABB PRM register definitions
OMAP3+: ABB: Adaptive Body-Bias structures & data
OMAP3+: OPP: add ABB data to voltage tables
OMAP3+: Voltage: add ABB data to voltage domains
OMAP3+: ABB: initialization & transition functions
OMAP3+: Voltage: add ABB to voltage scaling

Nishanth Menon (16):
OMAP3+: SR: make notify independent of class
OMAP3+: SR: disable interrupt by default
OMAP3+: SR: enable/disable SR only on need
OMAP3+: SR: fix cosmetic indentation
OMAP4: PM: TWL6030: fix uv to voltage for >0x39
OMAP4: PM: TWL6030: address 0V conversions
OMAP4: PM: TWL6030: add cmd register
PM: OPP: introduce function to free cpufreq table
OMAP2+: cpufreq: move clk name decision to init
OMAP2+: cpufreq: deny initialization if no mpudev
OMAP2+: cpufreq: dont support !freq_table
OMAP2+: cpufreq: only supports OPP library
OMAP2+: cpufreq: put clk if cpu_init failed
OMAP2+: cpufreq: fix freq_table leak
OMAP3+: PM: VP: generalize PRM interrupt helpers
OMAP3+: PRM: add tranxdone IRQ handlers for ABB

Oleg Drokin (2):
cleanup regulator supply definitions in mach-omap2
Remove old-style supply.dev assignments common in hsmmc init

Patrick Titiano (2):
OMAP4: PM: TWL6030: fix voltage conversion formula
OMAP4: PM: TWL6030: fix ON/RET/OFF voltages

Paul Walmsley (10):
OMAP: dmtimer: add missing include
omap_hwmod: use a null structure record to terminate omap_hwmod_addr_space arrays
omap_hwmod: share identical omap_hwmod_addr_space arrays
omap_hwmod: use a terminator record with omap_hwmod_mpu_irqs arrays
omap_hwmod: share identical omap_hwmod_mpu_irqs arrays
omap_hwmod: use a terminator record with omap_hwmod_dma_info arrays
omap_hwmod: share identical omap_hwmod_dma_info arrays
omap_hwmod: share identical omap_hwmod_class, omap_hwmod_class_sysconfig arrays
OMAP2+: clockdomain: add clkdm_in_hwsup()
OMAP2+: clock: allow per-SoC clock init code to prevent clockdomain calls from clock code

Peter 'p2' De Schrijver (1):
OMAP: CPUfreq: ensure driver initializes after cpufreq framework and governors

Peter Ujfalusi (5):
omap: board-omap3evm: Fix compilation error
OMAP: New twl-common for common TWL configuration
OMAP4: Move common twl6030 configuration to twl-common
OMAP3: Move common twl configuration to twl-common
OMAP3: Move common regulator configuration to twl-common

Rajendra Nayak (6):
OMAP2+: PM: Initialise sleep_switch to a non-valid value
OMAP4: clock data: Add missing divider selection for auxclks
OMAP2+: PM: idle clkdms only if already in idle
OMAP2+: clockdomain: Add per clkdm lock to prevent concurrent state programming
OMAP2+: hwmod: Follow the recommended PRCM module enable sequence
OMAP3 PM: CPUFreq driver for OMAP3

Russell King (1):
OMAP2+: CPUfreq: update lpj with reference value to avoid progressive error.

Santosh Shilimkar (5):
OMAP4: clock data: Keep GPMC clocks always enabled and hardware managed
OMAP4: powerdomain data: Remove unsupported MPU powerdomain state
OMAP: cpufreq: Split OMAP1 and OMAP2PLUS CPUfreq drivers.
OMAP2PLUS: cpufreq: Add SMP support to cater OMAP4430
OMAP2+: CPUfreq: Remove superfluous check in target() for online CPU's.

Silesh C V (1):
OMAP: PM: CPUFREQ: Fix conditional compilation

Steve Sakoman (1):
mfd: twl-core: enable madc clock

Todd Poynor (2):
OMAP: VP: Explicitly mask VPVOLTAGE field
OMAP2+: cpufreq: Enable all CPUs in shared policy mask

Tomi Valkeinen (2):
OMAP4: hwmod data: Modify DSS opt clocks
OMAP4: hwmod data: Change DSS main_clk scheme

Tony Lindgren (10):
omap: Use separate init_irq functions to avoid cpu_is_omap tests early
omap: Set separate timer init functions to avoid cpu_is_omap tests
omap: Move dmtimer defines to dmtimer.h
omap: Make a subset of dmtimer functions into inline functions
omap2+: Use dmtimer macros for clockevent
omap2+: Remove gptimer_wakeup for now
omap2+: Reserve clocksource and timesource and initialize dmtimer later
omap2+: Use dmtimer macros for clocksource
omap2+: Remove omap2_gp_clockevent_set_gptimer
omap2+: Rename timer-gp.c into timer.c to combine timer init functions

Vaibhav Bedia (1):
OMAP: clockdomain: Remove redundant call to pwrdm_wait_transition()

To recreate it, download http://dominion.thruhere.net/koen/angstrom/beagleboard/3.0/patchset.tar.bz2 and run the patch script in a 3.0 git tree.

regards,

Koen

Gary Thomas

unread,
Jul 22, 2011, 11:28:29 AM7/22/11
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, Koen Kooi
On 07/22/2011 02:16 AM, Koen Kooi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For people who want to test the latest kernel, give the following a try:
>
> http://dominion.thruhere.net/koen/angstrom/beagleboard/3.0/uImage-3.0-r101e-beagleboard-20110722071748.bin
> http://dominion.thruhere.net/koen/angstrom/beagleboard/3.0/modules-3.0.0+-r101e-beagleboard.tgz
>
> You can rebuild it using the meta-ti metadata: http://git.angstrom-distribution.org/cgi-bin/cgit.cgi/meta-texasinstruments/tree/README or manually with the instructions below.

What has to be done to rebuild with this kernel? I followed these steps in my (oe-core based) build:
$ MACHINE=beagleboard ./oebb.sh update
$ MACHINE=beagleboard bitbake core-image
I'm still getting the linux-omap-2.6.39-r101n kernel

Thanks

--
------------------------------------------------------------
Gary Thomas | Consulting for the
MLB Associates | Embedded world
------------------------------------------------------------

Koen Kooi

unread,
Jul 22, 2011, 12:54:49 PM7/22/11
to beagleboard@googlegroups.com Board

Op 22 jul. 2011, om 17:28 heeft Gary Thomas het volgende geschreven:

> On 07/22/2011 02:16 AM, Koen Kooi wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> For people who want to test the latest kernel, give the following a try:
>>
>> http://dominion.thruhere.net/koen/angstrom/beagleboard/3.0/uImage-3.0-r101e-beagleboard-20110722071748.bin
>> http://dominion.thruhere.net/koen/angstrom/beagleboard/3.0/modules-3.0.0+-r101e-beagleboard.tgz
>>
>> You can rebuild it using the meta-ti metadata: http://git.angstrom-distribution.org/cgi-bin/cgit.cgi/meta-texasinstruments/tree/README or manually with the instructions below.
>
> What has to be done to rebuild with this kernel? I followed these steps in my (oe-core based) build:
> $ MACHINE=beagleboard ./oebb.sh update
> $ MACHINE=beagleboard bitbake core-image

You want systemd-image, not core-image :)

> I'm still getting the linux-omap-2.6.39-r101n kernel

2 ways:

1) bitbake linux

2) sed -i -e s:linux-omap:linux:g conf/machine/beagleboard.conf ; bitbake systemd-image

The second one will probably be what most people expect, use the 3.0 kernel for all their builds, 1) is for people who only want to test 3.0, but not use it in all their builds

regards,

Koen

Gary Thomas

unread,
Jul 22, 2011, 1:00:03 PM7/22/11
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, Koen Kooi
On 07/22/2011 10:54 AM, Koen Kooi wrote:
>
> Op 22 jul. 2011, om 17:28 heeft Gary Thomas het volgende geschreven:
>
>> On 07/22/2011 02:16 AM, Koen Kooi wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> For people who want to test the latest kernel, give the following a try:
>>>
>>> http://dominion.thruhere.net/koen/angstrom/beagleboard/3.0/uImage-3.0-r101e-beagleboard-20110722071748.bin
>>> http://dominion.thruhere.net/koen/angstrom/beagleboard/3.0/modules-3.0.0+-r101e-beagleboard.tgz
>>>
>>> You can rebuild it using the meta-ti metadata: http://git.angstrom-distribution.org/cgi-bin/cgit.cgi/meta-texasinstruments/tree/README or manually with the instructions below.
>>
>> What has to be done to rebuild with this kernel? I followed these steps in my (oe-core based) build:
>> $ MACHINE=beagleboard ./oebb.sh update
>> $ MACHINE=beagleboard bitbake core-image
>
> You want systemd-image, not core-image :)

What's in systemd-image as opposed to console-image, etc?

>
>> I'm still getting the linux-omap-2.6.39-r101n kernel
>
> 2 ways:
>
> 1) bitbake linux
>
> 2) sed -i -e s:linux-omap:linux:g conf/machine/beagleboard.conf ; bitbake systemd-image
>
> The second one will probably be what most people expect, use the 3.0 kernel for all their builds, 1) is for people who only want to test 3.0, but not use it in all their builds

Thanks

Koen Kooi

unread,
Jul 22, 2011, 1:04:52 PM7/22/11
to beagleboard@googlegroups.com Board

Op 22 jul. 2011, om 19:00 heeft Gary Thomas het volgende geschreven:

> On 07/22/2011 10:54 AM, Koen Kooi wrote:
>>
>> Op 22 jul. 2011, om 17:28 heeft Gary Thomas het volgende geschreven:
>>
>>> On 07/22/2011 02:16 AM, Koen Kooi wrote:
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> For people who want to test the latest kernel, give the following a try:
>>>>
>>>> http://dominion.thruhere.net/koen/angstrom/beagleboard/3.0/uImage-3.0-r101e-beagleboard-20110722071748.bin
>>>> http://dominion.thruhere.net/koen/angstrom/beagleboard/3.0/modules-3.0.0+-r101e-beagleboard.tgz
>>>>
>>>> You can rebuild it using the meta-ti metadata: http://git.angstrom-distribution.org/cgi-bin/cgit.cgi/meta-texasinstruments/tree/README or manually with the instructions below.
>>>
>>> What has to be done to rebuild with this kernel? I followed these steps in my (oe-core based) build:
>>> $ MACHINE=beagleboard ./oebb.sh update
>>> $ MACHINE=beagleboard bitbake core-image
>>
>> You want systemd-image, not core-image :)
>
> What's in systemd-image as opposed to console-image, etc?

Contents are roughly the same, but systemd-image gets rid of sysvinit and hence boots a lot faster.

Jacek Radzikowski

unread,
Jul 27, 2011, 8:07:25 PM7/27/11
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 04:16, Koen Kooi <ko...@beagleboard.org> wrote:
> For people who want to test the latest kernel, give the following a try:
> http://dominion.thruhere.net/koen/angstrom/beagleboard/3.0/uImage-3.0-r101e-beagleboard-20110722071748.bin
> http://dominion.thruhere.net/koen/angstrom/beagleboard/3.0/modules-3.0.0+-r101e-beagleboard.tgz
> You can rebuild it using the meta-ti metadata: http://git.angstrom-distribution.org/cgi-bin/cgit.cgi/meta-texasinstruments/tree/README or manually with the instructions below.
[...]


Koen,

I tried to build the kernel using fresh setup of openembedded, but I
get the following error during execution of packaging task:

-------------- cut here --------------
| ERROR: Error executing a python function in
/storage/4/j/oe/setup-scripts/sources/meta-texasinstruments/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-omap_2.6.39.bb:
| OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/storage/4/j/oe/setup-scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_2010_x-eglibc/work/beagleboard-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/linux-3.0-r101f/packages-split/kernel-module-unionfs'
|
| ERROR: The stack trace of python calls that resulted in this
exception/failure was:
| ERROR: File "do_package_ipk", line 173, in <module>
| ERROR:
| ERROR: File "do_package_ipk", line 44, in do_package_ipk
| ERROR:
| ERROR: The code that was being executed was:
| ERROR: 0169: bb.utils.unlockfile(lf)
| ERROR: 0170:
| ERROR: 0171:
| ERROR: 0172:
| ERROR: *** 0173:do_package_ipk(d)
| ERROR: 0174:
| ERROR: (file: 'do_package_ipk', lineno: 173, function: <module>)
| ERROR: 0040: basedir = os.path.join(os.path.dirname(root))
| ERROR: 0041: arch = bb.data.getVar('PACKAGE_ARCH',
localdata, 1)
| ERROR: 0042: pkgoutdir = "%s/%s" % (outdir, arch)
| ERROR: 0043: bb.mkdirhier(pkgoutdir)
| ERROR: *** 0044: os.chdir(root)
| ERROR: 0045: from glob import glob
| ERROR: 0046: g = glob('*')
| ERROR: 0047: try:
| ERROR: 0048: del g[g.index('CONTROL')]
| ERROR: (file: 'do_package_ipk', lineno: 44, function: do_package_ipk)
| ERROR: Function 'do_package_ipk' failed
| ERROR: Execution of event handler 'run_buildstats' failed
| Traceback (most recent call last):
| File "run_buildstats(e)", line 112, in
run_buildstats(e=<bb.build.TaskFailed object at 0xad9d110>)
| IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/storage/4/j/oe/setup-scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_2010_x-eglibc/buildstats/linux-beagleboard/Angstrom
v2011.07-core/linux-3.0-r101f/do_package_write_ipk'
|
NOTE: package linux-3.0-r101f: task do_package_write_ipk: Failed
ERROR: Task 223
(/storage/4/j/oe/setup-scripts/sources/meta-texasinstruments/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-omap_2.6.39.bb,
do_package_write_ipk) failed with exit code '1'
ERROR: '/storage/4/j/oe/setup-scripts/sources/meta-texasinstruments/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-omap_2.6.39.bb'
failed
-------------- cut here --------------

I followed the directions from
http://git.angstrom-distribution.org/cgi-bin/cgit.cgi/meta-texasinstruments/tree/README
and tried to compile the kernel with bitbake linux and bitbake
linux-3.0, with identical results.
During the preparation stage birbake prints the following error:

-------------- cut here --------------
ERROR: Multiple .bb files are due to be built which each provide
virtual/kernel (/storage/4/j/oe/setup-scripts/sources/meta-texasinstruments/recipes-kernel/linux/linux_3.0.bb
/storage/4/j/oe/setup-scripts/sources/meta-texasinstruments/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-omap_2.6.39.bb).
This usually means one provides something the other doesn't and should.
-------------- cut here --------------


This is the script I used to set up oe:

-------------- cut here --------------
git clone git://git.angstrom-distribution.org/setup-scripts
cd setup-scripts/
git checkout origin/oe-core -b oe-core
MACHINE=beagleboard ./oebb.sh config beagleboard
MACHINE=beagleboard ./oebb.sh update
-------------- cut here --------------

Did I miss anything?

thx,
j.


--
Given a choice between two theories, take the one which is funnier

zchait...@gmail.com

unread,
Aug 21, 2011, 6:56:02 AM8/21/11
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
The server on which the patchset should be located gives me a ping timeout...
Can you put it onto an alternative location?

dl4...@googlemail.com

unread,
Sep 15, 2011, 9:03:02 AM9/15/11
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, Koen Kooi
Hello,

tested this on a beagleboard xM Rev. B and am getting a kernel panic.
Any idea what to do?
Unfortunately this is the first after 2.6.39 which enables the ethernet power correctly, so it would be nice getting it into work.

I may have missed a step how to handle the modules, I simply extracted the archive to /lib/modules/3.0.0+ but did not issue other commands.
The root file system I'm using is the one from the BB Angstrom demo.

Thanks for any help!

Günter

[    4.218353] usb 1-2.1: new high speed USB device number 3 using ehci-omap                                                    
[    4.343750] usb 1-2.1: New USB device found, idVendor=0424, idProduct=ec00                                                   
[    4.350952] usb 1-2.1: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=0, SerialNumber=0                                              
[    4.361602] smsc95xx v1.0.4                                                                                                  
[    4.444793] smsc95xx 1-2.1:1.0: eth0: register 'smsc95xx' at usb-ehci-omap.0-2.1, smsc95xx USB 2.0 Ethernet, ae:2a:e2:84:0d:35
[    5.343017] Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 0076c1cc                                               
[    5.350555] pgd = c0004000                                                                                                   
[    5.353576] [0076c1cc] *pgd=00000000                                                                                         
[    5.357299] Internal error: Oops: 5 [#1]                                                                                     
[    5.361389] Modules linked in:                                                                                               
[    5.364593] CPU: 0    Not tainted  (3.0.0+ #1)                                                                               
[    5.369232] PC is at omap3_enter_idle_bm+0x14/0x1b8                                                                          
[    5.374328] LR is at omap3_enter_idle_bm+0x0/0x1b8                                                                           
[    5.379333] pc : [<c0053e04>]    lr : [<c0053df0>]    psr: 60000013                                                          
[    5.379333] sp : c064df40  ip : 00000000  fp : 00000000                                                                      
[    5.391326] r10: 00000000  r9 : 413fc082  r8 : 00000003                                                                      
[    5.396789] r7 : 000003e8  r6 : 0076be5c  r5 : c0654258  r4 : 00000000                                                       
[    5.403594] r3 : 00000000  r2 : 0076be5c  r1 : 000003e8  r0 : 00000000                                                       
[    5.410400] Flags: nZCv  IRQs on  FIQs on  Mode SVC_32  ISA ARM  Segment kernel                                              
[    5.418029] Control: 10c5387d  Table: 80004019  DAC: 00000015                                                                
[    5.424041] Process swapper (pid: 0, stack limit = 0xc064c2f0)                                                               
[    5.430114] Stack: (0xc064df40 to 0xc064e000)                                                                                
[    5.434661] df40: 000529e4 c0654258 c0654258 00000003 00000003 413fc082 00000000 c0053db4                                    
[    5.443206] df60: 00000000 0076be5c 00000005 1408cb28 00000005 13920ccc 00000000 00000000                                    
[    5.451751] df80: c0654248 c0654318 00000000 c0053f60 00000001 00000000 c0654248 c0654318                                    
[    5.460296] dfa0: c06d7a6c 413fc082 00000000 c03763bc c064c000 c0652254 c06a5d04 c065224c                                    
[    5.468841] dfc0: 80004059 c0044f40 c064e9b4 c003330c c0ae1120 c0008868 c00082c8 0000060a                                    
[    5.477386] dfe0: 80000100 c003330c 10c53c7d c064e060 c0033308 8000803c 00000000 00000000                                    
[    5.485931] [<c0053e04>] (omap3_enter_idle_bm+0x14/0x1b8) from [<c0053db4>] (omap3_enter_idle+0xe4/0x120)                    
[    5.495941] [<c0053db4>] (omap3_enter_idle+0xe4/0x120) from [<c0053f60>] (omap3_enter_idle_bm+0x170/0x1b8)                   
[    5.506042] [<c0053f60>] (omap3_enter_idle_bm+0x170/0x1b8) from [<c03763bc>] (cpuidle_idle_call+0xb8/0x110)                  
[    5.516204] [<c03763bc>] (cpuidle_idle_call+0xb8/0x110) from [<c0044f40>] (cpu_idle+0x58/0xac)                               
[    5.525207] [<c0044f40>] (cpu_idle+0x58/0xac) from [<c0008868>] (start_kernel+0x290/0x2ec)                                   
[    5.533843] [<c0008868>] (start_kernel+0x290/0x2ec) from [<8000803c>] (0x8000803c)                                           
[    5.541748] Code: e1a06000 e1a07001 ebfffdb8 e2504000 (05961370)                                                             
[    5.548431] ---[ end trace 89a2b838ad5bc0e6 ]---                                                                             
[    5.553253] Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill the idle task!                                                     
                                                                                                                                

Jason Kridner

unread,
Sep 15, 2011, 10:43:30 PM9/15/11
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 9:03 AM, <dl4...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> tested this on a beagleboard xM Rev. B and am getting a kernel panic.
> Any idea what to do?

Can you try the r2 demo image that was announced just a week or so
ago? It uses a 3.0.4 kernel that has some bug fixes. I don't know if
it will address your issue, but it will get us all looking at the same
thing.

> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Beagle Board" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/beagleboard/-/gF4tca021lQJ.
> To post to this group, send email to beagl...@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> beagleboard...@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/beagleboard?hl=en.
>

dl4mea

unread,
Sep 16, 2011, 2:28:46 AM9/16/11
to Beagle Board
Hello Jason

if you mean this here:
http://groups.google.com/group/beagleboard/browse_thread/thread/a02f4430de90fa5c/f205767a4495aeb5?lnk=gst&q=r2#f205767a4495aeb5

I tested it and again it gets stuck, at a different place.

I have to revise my board revision: It is a "Beagle xM Rev A" (the one
that has NAND)

Cheers, Günter


[ 6.465850] systemd-fsck[74]: Root directory is writable, skipping
check.
Starting Stdio Syslog Bridge...
Started Stdio Syslog Bridge.
Started File System Check on Root Device.
Starting Remount Root FS...
[ 6.605224] systemd-vconsole-setup[64]: /usr/bin/loadkeys failed
with error code 1.
[ 6.648498] systemd-vconsole-setup[64]: cannot open file us
Started udev Coldplug all Devices.
Started Setup Virtual Console.
Started Remount Root FS.
Starting Load Random Seed...
Started Load Random Seed.
[ 150.089263] S98configure[65]: Adding system startup for /etc/init.d/
dbus-1.

----------------------------------

Jason Kridner

unread,
Sep 16, 2011, 6:37:52 PM9/16/11
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 2:28 AM, dl4mea <dl4...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello Jason
>
> if you mean this here:
> http://groups.google.com/group/beagleboard/browse_thread/thread/a02f4430de90fa5c/f205767a4495aeb5?lnk=gst&q=r2#f205767a4495aeb5
>
> I tested it and again it gets stuck, at a different place.

Comment below, but I don't think it is getting stuck...

>
> I have to revise my board revision: It is a "Beagle xM Rev A" (the one
> that has NAND)
>
> Cheers, Günter
>
>
> [    6.465850] systemd-fsck[74]: Root directory is writable, skipping
> check.
> Starting Stdio Syslog Bridge...
> Started Stdio Syslog Bridge.
> Started File System Check on Root Device.
> Starting Remount Root FS...
> [    6.605224] systemd-vconsole-setup[64]: /usr/bin/loadkeys failed
> with error code 1.
> [    6.648498] systemd-vconsole-setup[64]: cannot open file us
> Started udev Coldplug all Devices.
> Started Setup Virtual Console.
> Started Remount Root FS.
> Starting Load Random Seed...
> Started Load Random Seed.
> [  150.089263] S98configure[65]: Adding system startup for /etc/init.d/
> dbus-1.

The system is performing a lot of first-boot initialization. This has
been known to take a couple of hours (depending on the speed of your
SD card) on the first boot.

On subsequent boots, the boot will only take a few seconds.

>
> ----------------------------------
>
> On 16 Sep., 04:43, Jason Kridner <jkrid...@beagleboard.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 9:03 AM,  <dl4...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> > Hello,
>>
>> > tested this on a beagleboard xM Rev. B and am getting a kernel panic.
>> > Any idea what to do?
>>
>> Can you try the r2 demo image that was announced just a week or so
>> ago?  It uses a 3.0.4 kernel that has some bug fixes.  I don't know if
>> it will address your issue, but it will get us all looking at the same
>> thing.
>

> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beagle Board" group.

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages