Won't boot from eMMC

Walter Cromer

May 16, 2019, 4:19:33 PM5/16/19
to BeagleBoard
My BBB used to boot just fine from the eMMC but most of the time I held the user button down and booted from the SD card.  All that was working great.  I'd never (to my knowledge) flashed the eMMC either.  I started to not be able to get to the internet via USB so I thought I'd go back and just boot from eMMC but it won't boot from that now.  Any ideas?

Is something on the eMMC required to get to the Internet after I boot from the Sd card?  Coudl these two things be related?

Thanks!

Mala Dies

May 18, 2019, 11:46:27 PM5/18/19
to BeagleBoard
Hello,

The bootloader may make awkward items happen, i.e. like not being able to use specific instances of the Debian systemd OS.

Seth

P.S. Erase your eMMC after booting into your SD Card version of Debian on your BBB. Also, if you would like, use the bbb.io/latest-images updated image to flash to the eMMC and to the SD Card. I am pretty sure this will ensure you to have full functionality of the BBB and the related peripherals.

Mala Dies

May 18, 2019, 11:50:44 PM5/18/19
to BeagleBoard
Hello Again,

Use one of these two images from https://beagleboard.org/latest-images.

latest-images.jpg

Okay. W/ the last update and this one, this should be enough.

Seth