BBB booting with own compiled uboot

Pon Senthil Rajan Jeyaraman

Mar 12, 2019, 1:57:50 PM3/12/19
to BeagleBoard
Hello All,

I have purchased a beagleone black board which comes with a debian OS in the eMMC, I want to replace the existing debian OS in the eMMC with my own compiled uboot and need to load the kernel image from the TFTP protocol.

For the above setup I'm struck with the below questions;
1. where could I get the uboot source for eMMC?
2. How to replace the existing eMMC image with my new compiled uboot image and boot the hardware with my uboot?

Could some one kindly provide your help.

Thanks and Regards.

Robert Nelson

Mar 12, 2019, 2:19:18 PM3/12/19
to Beagle Board, ponsenth...@gmail.com
On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 12:57 PM Pon Senthil Rajan Jeyaraman
<ponsenth...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I have purchased a beagleone black board which comes with a debian OS in the eMMC, I want to replace the existing debian OS in the eMMC with my own compiled uboot and need to load the kernel image from the TFTP protocol.
>
> For the above setup I'm struck with the below questions;
> 1. where could I get the uboot source for eMMC?

It's on the default image under /opt/sources/

otherwise:

https://www.digikey.com/eewiki/display/linuxonarm/BeagleBone+Black#BeagleBoneBlack-Bootloader:U-Boot

> 2. How to replace the existing eMMC image with my new compiled uboot image and boot the hardware with my uboot?

It uses the same dd locations on the eMMC as the microSD:

https://www.digikey.com/eewiki/display/linuxonarm/BeagleBone+Black#BeagleBoneBlack-SetupmicroSDcard

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson