Welcome the Fall 2019 Embedded Linux Class

Mark A. Yoder

Sep 5, 2019, 3:16:50 PM9/5/19
to BeagleBoard
The purpose of this posting is to announce that I'm once again teaching
an Embedded Linux class based on the BeagleBone[1]. This time I'm using
the  BeagleBone Black.
I'm teaching as open-source as I can and have have posted many of course
materials on eLinux.org [2] and github[3].

I'm always open to ideas on what topics to include in the class and
suggestions for interesting course projects.  For example we are starting
Python this week and hope to be writing simple kernel module 5 weeks from
now.  That will be followed by a week of PRU programming.

Class, please respond to this posting.  Others, please welcome my class.

--Mark

--Prof. Mark A. Yoder
  Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology [4]

[1] http://elinux.org/Embedded_Linux,_Rose-Hulman
[2] http://elinux.org/index.php?title=Category:ECE497

Justin Calareso

Sep 5, 2019, 3:28:43 PM9/5/19
to BeagleBoard
Looking forward to this class!

Pranav Kumar

Sep 5, 2019, 3:41:01 PM9/5/19
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for sharing. Excited to join the class

Special Computing

Sep 5, 2019, 4:02:51 PM9/5/19
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
What does one do to join the class and what does it cost?

Mark A. Yoder

Brock Grinstead

Sep 6, 2019, 11:07:13 AM9/6/19
to BeagleBoard
Looking forward to the class!

Ryan Oberlitner

Sep 6, 2019, 12:27:17 PM9/6/19
to BeagleBoard
Looking forward to this class

Isaac Austin

Sep 10, 2019, 12:16:00 PM9/10/19
to BeagleBoard
Eager to learn more :)

Brendan Mulholland

Sep 10, 2019, 12:16:05 PM9/10/19
to BeagleBoard
Looking forward to the class.

efas...@gmail.com

Sep 10, 2019, 12:18:09 PM9/10/19
to BeagleBoard
Looking forward to this class!

Leela Pakanati

Sep 10, 2019, 12:18:16 PM9/10/19
to BeagleBoard
Looking forward to this class!

Zachary Forster

Sep 10, 2019, 12:18:19 PM9/10/19
to BeagleBoard

alle...@gmail.com

Sep 10, 2019, 12:23:05 PM9/10/19
to BeagleBoard
OK, now I've looked at some of the course material, I see it using debian "stretch".

alle...@gmail.com

Sep 10, 2019, 12:23:09 PM9/10/19
to BeagleBoard
Thanks for the posting.  The elinux link mentions that you use Angstrom.  Which is a fine OS, but have you updated the course to debian?

Mark Procter

Sep 12, 2019, 11:10:20 AM9/12/19
to BeagleBoard
Looking forward to this class!

Blake Emmert

Sep 12, 2019, 11:20:22 AM9/12/19
to BeagleBoard
Looking forward to learning cool things!

Madeline Twetten

Sep 12, 2019, 12:18:21 PM9/12/19
to BeagleBoard
Excited for this class!

cmatt...@gmail.com

Sep 17, 2019, 8:55:54 AM9/17/19
to BeagleBoard
Looking forward to the class!

Hannah Woody

Sep 17, 2019, 8:55:54 AM9/17/19
to BeagleBoard
Didn't work the first time, but still looking forward to this class!

Rahul Das

Sep 17, 2019, 8:55:54 AM9/17/19
to BeagleBoard
Looking forward to learning more!

Rahul Das

Sep 17, 2019, 8:55:54 AM9/17/19
to BeagleBoard
Very excited for this class

Dalton Stichtenoth

Sep 17, 2019, 8:55:54 AM9/17/19
to BeagleBoard
Looking Forward to the Class!

Andy Barbour

Sep 17, 2019, 8:55:54 AM9/17/19
to BeagleBoard
Looking forward to the class! Wonder why my last post didn't go through . . .

Hannah Woody

Sep 17, 2019, 8:55:54 AM9/17/19
to BeagleBoard
Looking forward to this class!

cmatt...@gmail.com

Sep 17, 2019, 8:55:54 AM9/17/19
to BeagleBoard
Looking forward to this class!

Rahul Das

Sep 17, 2019, 8:55:55 AM9/17/19
to BeagleBoard
Very excited for this class

Wildape

Sep 17, 2019, 8:55:55 AM9/17/19
to BeagleBoard
Looking forward to this class!

Wildape

Sep 17, 2019, 8:55:55 AM9/17/19
to BeagleBoard

Rahul Das

Sep 17, 2019, 8:55:55 AM9/17/19
to BeagleBoard
Looking forward to learning more!
(My earlier response did not show up for some reason so apologies if it somehow randomly shows up twice now)

Andy Barbour

Sep 17, 2019, 8:55:55 AM9/17/19
to BeagleBoard