Changing BBGreen Wireless Access Point Name and WIFI Setup Page

Richard

Mar 5, 2018, 11:29:06 AM3/5/18
to BeagleBoard

Does anyone know what files I would edit to change the BBGreen Wireless Access Point Name and the WIFI Setup Page? (Debian img 2016-06-14)

Thanks!

Robert Nelson

Mar 5, 2018, 11:34:24 AM3/5/18
to Beagle Board, rideve...@zawoosh.com
On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 10:29 AM, Richard <rideve...@zawoosh.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know what files I would edit to change the BBGreen Wireless
> Access Point Name and the WIFI Setup Page? (Debian img 2016-06-14)

/etc/default/bb-wl18xx

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

Richard

Mar 5, 2018, 11:43:18 AM3/5/18
to BeagleBoard
Thanks for the response. I saw that same answer when I searched the forum, but that file does not exist.

I search all of /etc in case it was just in a different folder, but it isn't.

Am I supposed to create it?

Robert Nelson

Mar 5, 2018, 11:49:48 AM3/5/18
to Beagle Board
No, then your image is to old.

Mala Dies

Mar 16, 2018, 2:43:20 PM3/16/18
to BeagleBoard
Hello...I am not sure if you want to exit out of your set-up screen for WiFi or not. But, in hindsight, I just use connman to set up WiFi instead of using the interface that is provided by Seeed-Studio.

Seth

P.S. connmanctl is the cmd to use and then you can find more on it. If you just want access to WiFi w/ connmanctl, let me know.

Richard

Mar 16, 2018, 3:06:16 PM3/16/18
to BeagleBoard
Thanks for the reply.

I don't have any problems setting up the wifi for myself, but I'd like to have others be able to set it up easily from their phone, connect to a name that describes my project, and have my own setup screen come up for the wifi config.

Turns out the image that comes with the beaglebone green is pretty old and I couldn't figure an easy way to configure my own AP name on that image.

Configuring AP name on Jessie and Stretch is easy. I'd prefer Stretch but apparently the seeed-studio bone101 stuff has been ported to Jessie, but not Stretch.

There was also something about giving users access to root with bone101 which I needed to dig into. It all turned out to be less straight forward than I expected so I put it off for a while.

Mala Dies

Mar 16, 2018, 3:20:29 PM3/16/18
to BeagleBoard
Yes Sir,

No issue. If you get bored and you start to set up items for making GUIs for sign in features, let me know. I am always on the lookout for doing things w/ this community.

Seth

P.S. You may find ideas on the Freenode application under #beagle, too. I am not a perfectionist now nor do I know everything about all software but I can pitch in if necessary. I have been using the Motor Bridge Cape more than anything else but I have found ways to use JavaScript, CSS, and HTML w/ the BBG and BBGW. So, let me know if you get bored.
Message has been deleted

Jim Wolf

Jul 29, 2018, 10:59:23 AM7/29/18
to BeagleBoard
I found this file and changed it but it made no difference. Is there another location and file which may override this one?

Thanks Jim