Debian Stretch Flavors

Paul Van den Bergh

Dec 22, 2017, 5:31:17 AM12/22/17
to BeagleBoard
Hi All,

On https://elinux.org/BeagleBoard:BeagleBoneBlack_Debian there are four kind of 'flavors' of Debian Stretch:
  • Machinekit
  • lxqt
  • iot
  • console

I would like to know which features are supported by the different flavors.  Couldn't find info via Google, allas...

Is there some kind of comparisson table for this?  Where can I find more info?

In particular, for the current project I'm looking for the minimal system without gui (so afaik this eliminates lxqt), but with support for apache, MySql, PRU rpmsg.  The main application software (C++) is cross-compiled on desktop PC.  For debugging gdb runs on the BBB.  The connection to the BBB is over ssh.

Thanks for any input!

Paul

Luther Goh Lu Feng

Dec 23, 2017, 1:45:22 PM12/23/17
to BeagleBoard
Console is the most minimal of them all. You can probably use that as a base to install your other requirements

Stuart Longland

Dec 23, 2017, 9:29:52 PM12/23/17
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On 24/12/17 04:45, 'Luther Goh Lu Feng' via BeagleBoard wrote:
> Console is the most minimal of them all. You can probably use that as a
> base to install your other requirements

Can anyone point to where the latest 'console' version is? I went
looking for it here and couldn't find it.

https://beagleboard.org/latest-images
--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)

I haven't lost my mind...