Is there a "Smaller Footprint" LXQT Image for BB-X15 (preferably Jessie)?

Jeff Andich

Feb 8, 2018, 1:25:03 PM2/8/18
to BeagleBoard
Hi,

Is there a 2GB LXQT (or LXDE) image available for the BB-X15 somewhere, preferably Debian 8.x or is it better to start with a console image, and add all of the X packages (maybe something like the following FLIR Lepton example)?  We have only 4GB of eMMC and looks like we need Xinit, X11, Xserver, and a bunch of other stuff like mono and chromium for our application....

When trying to find a 2GB LXQT image, I looked in the following locations, and I apologize in advance if I missed something!!

and

Thanks!

jeff

Robert Nelson

Feb 8, 2018, 4:32:14 PM2/8/18
to Beagle Board, Jeff Andich
So you can take the base image:

wget https://rcn-ee.net/rootfs/bb.org/testing/2018-02-01/lxqt-2gb/debian-8.10-lxqt-2gb-armhf-2018-02-01.tar.xz
tar xf debian-8.10-lxqt-2gb-armhf-2018-02-01.tar.xz
cd debian-8.10-lxqt-2gb-armhf-2018-02-01/

sudo ./setup_sdcard.sh --mmc /dev/sdX --dtb am57xx-beagle-x15

replacing /dev/sdX with your actual microSD adapter on your development pc..

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

Jeff Andich

Feb 8, 2018, 10:02:52 PM2/8/18
to BeagleBoard
Great!  Thanks!

Jeff Andich

Feb 9, 2018, 10:28:17 AM2/9/18
to BeagleBoard

One thing I'm noticing on my 572xEVM-Rev a3 at work (which I don't THINK I saw on my BB-X15 (?revC?) at home last-night is the following error message whenever I plug in an HDMI cable which is connected to a DELL monitor through an HDMI<->DVI adaptor:

[   42.531433] omapdss error: HDMI I2C timeout reading EDID

But I can still see and use X-windows....

Also, I'm not sure what's different about the BB-X15 vs. Debian base images, but that's my job to hash through and then ask the TA questions during office hours....

Thanks and regards,

jeff
Message has been deleted

Jeff Andich

Feb 9, 2018, 5:40:31 PM2/9/18
to BeagleBoard
Note: This is a problem with my DVI monitor (and my lack of knowledge on the subject), not the image..

I've only seen the timeout error when I plug into my DVI monitor, not when plugging into HDMI monitors (and I've tried 2 of the latter thus far).

I think what's going on with the timeout error (at a very high level) and from reading

is my DVI monitor isn't able to provided the EDID information to the BB-X15 either due to protocol incompatibility or the monitor isn't able to provide that information, period.

Granted, I haven't tried any other DVI monitors which are known to provide EDID.

Thanks and FYI,

Jeff