Linux-Based Low-Latency Multichannel Audio System

Henrik Langer

Feb 11, 2016, 12:10:20 PM2/11/16
to BeagleBoard
Hi there,

Together with my professor, I've developed a multichannel audio system based on the AD1938 audio codec by Analog Devices and the BeagleBone Green (TI AM335X SoC).
The audio system offers 2 stereo inputs and 4 stereo outputs.
The whole project is based on open source software.
To demonstrate the possibilities of the audio system, I've created a surround delay effect with the open source C++ library DSPatch by Marcus Tomlinson.
Moreover I've created an automatic test based on GNU octave to evaluate the audio system characteristis, such as latency, THD+N, DNR, crosstalk and frequency-response.

The full article is published here.
Everybody who's interested and has some questions or feedback, feel free to contact me.

henni...@googlemail.com

Feb 11, 2016, 1:50:44 PM2/11/16
to BeagleBoard

Greg

Feb 11, 2016, 4:53:01 PM2/11/16
to BeagleBoard
Super work!!!  I'm trying to discover how to process audio in the Beaglebone.  I'm glad to see it is not only possible, but with very high quality.

How did you measure dynamic range?  Measuring 109 dB has to be challenging.

Regards,
Greg