BeagleBone Black CPU Temperature

KenUnix

Apr 21, 2020, 10:52:11 AM4/21/20
to BeagleBoard

With Debian 10 is there a device /sys? that would allow me to get the CPU temperature?

Thanks

evilwulfie

Apr 21, 2020, 11:13:17 AM4/21/20
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
the on board temp sensor is not accurate
you will need a off CPU sensor if you want accuracy

On 4/21/2020 7:52 AM, KenUnix wrote:

With Debian 10 is there a device /sys? that would allow me to get the CPU temperature?

Thanks

Robert Nelson

Apr 21, 2020, 11:20:49 AM4/21/20
to Beagle Board, Kenneth Martin
On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 9:52 AM KenUnix <ken.un...@gmail.com> wrote:

> With Debian 10 is there a device /sys? that would allow me to get the CPU temperature?

The "Random Noise" Temperature sensor was only enabled in 3.8.x based
kernel's.. Due to silicon bugs, TI oped to not push it mainline..

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

Kenneth Martin

Apr 21, 2020, 11:44:25 AM4/21/20
to Robert Nelson, Beagle Board
Ok, thanks for the clarification.  I was hoping to avoid hanging off hardware
because I already have a relay cape and that kind of limits my access. Is
there a cape with this functionality that would still allow me to use the relay
cape?

RCN - Any ideas on my bwbasic-3.2a upgrade. Thanks.

Robert Nelson

Apr 21, 2020, 11:58:37 AM4/21/20
to Kenneth Martin, Beagle Board
On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 10:44 AM Kenneth Martin <ken.un...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, thanks for the clarification. I was hoping to avoid hanging off hardware
> because I already have a relay cape and that kind of limits my access. Is
> there a cape with this functionality that would still allow me to use the relay
> cape?
>
> RCN - Any ideas on my bwbasic-3.2a upgrade. Thanks.

Sure, first you'll need to apply to become a maintainer:

Дмитрий Кузнецов

Dec 15, 2020, 8:49:18 AM12/15/20
to BeagleBoard
Hello!

I use tmon.

Read this post for more info:

вторник, 21 апреля 2020 г. в 17:52:11 UTC+3, KenUnix: