Is there any way I can feed can frame to debian linux so that it thinks it came from can device

ya...@infiswift.com

Jun 14, 2017, 7:11:30 PM6/14/17
to BeagleBoard
Hello,

For testing purpose I would like to feed dummy data to my program. Ideally my program would call read (socket can) and think the data came from can device. Is it possible ? I understand that it is possible for uart.

Thanks

Yash

William Hermans

Jun 14, 2017, 8:09:59 PM6/14/17
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Yashwant Shitoot

Jun 14, 2017, 9:14:12 PM6/14/17
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hello William,

I very much appreciate your help. Possibly vcan is what I am looking for. I will try it and let you know. My actual physical can interface is working fine we want something for automated testing.

Thanks

Yash

Yashwant Shitoot

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "BeagleBoard" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORphc5S4pwD5K_SjO4cTjDM5pB5fERUrPU%2B3Cwhm8vV0%3DQ%40mail.gmail.com.

William Hermans

Jun 14, 2017, 10:17:03 PM6/14/17
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
virtual canbus, and canplayer + candump. I don't remember if I explained how to candump into a log file or not in that article, but there is information out there on the subject.