Are the 'latest' builds for BBB really from 2020?

Chris Green

Jul 31, 2023, 12:33:33 PM7/31/23
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
As per subject, are the latest images for BBB really from April 2020,
it seems rather old. ... or is une just expected to update having
installed?

--
Chris Green
·

Stephen Lentz

Jul 31, 2023, 12:50:16 PM7/31/23
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
That seems to be the case. Once you install the base image, you can use apt to update everything. The only real headache is updating python, which you will have to build on the board. Needless to say this takes quite a while on a single 1 GHz core. IIRC the image includes python 3.7.

Sent from my iPad

> On Jul 31, 2023, at 12:33 PM, Chris Green <c...@isbd.net> wrote:
>
> As per subject, are the latest images for BBB really from April 2020,

Robert Nelson

Jul 31, 2023, 1:07:03 PM7/31/23
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

https://forum.beagleboard.org/tag/latest-images

--
Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

Chris Green

Jul 31, 2023, 3:03:33 PM7/31/23
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Robert Nelson <robert...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 31, 2023 at 11:33 AM Chris Green <c...@isbd.net> wrote:
> >
> > As per subject, are the latest images for BBB really from April 2020,
> > it seems rather old. ... or is une just expected to update having
> > installed?
>
> https://forum.beagleboard.org/tag/latest-images

Ah, thank you Robert. Why couldn't I find them when looking on
beagleboard.org?

--
Chris Green
·