cameras supported by BeagleBone AI TIDL demo

Dobrin Alexiev

Sep 26, 2019, 10:15:46 AM9/26/19
to BeagleBoard

I am thinking of running the BeagleBone AI TIDL classification demo described in: https://beagleboard.org/p/175809/tidl-on-beaglebone-ai-1ee263

Two questions:

1.  The demo uses the camera “Logitech HD Pro Webcam, C920, 1080p Lens”. Do I need to get exactly that camera? If no, is there a list of supported cameras for Beagle Bone AI and what do I need to change to use an alternative camera?

2. At the demo the board is setup with a fan. Is the fan optional or when the demo is running the board definitely needs it?

Robert Nelson

Sep 26, 2019, 10:34:06 AM9/26/19
to Beagle Board, dobri...@gmail.com
On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 9:19 AM Dobrin Alexiev <dobri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am thinking of running the BeagleBone AI TIDL classification demo described in: https://beagleboard.org/p/175809/tidl-on-beaglebone-ai-1ee263
>

> Two questions:
>
> 1. The demo uses the camera “Logitech HD Pro Webcam, C920, 1080p Lens”. Do I need to get exactly that camera? If no, is there a list of supported cameras for Beagle Bone AI and what do I need to change to use an alternative camera?

It should work with any UVC, that's just one Jason has tested with..
If you look into the demo source code, i believe there is a frame
resize done, as the ti-tidl layer needs a specific frame size for
optimal stuff..

On the other hand, i think it would be useful to crowdsouce, which
camera's work and at what framerates, so if you have a usb/uvc camera
today, give a it a test. ;)

> 2. At the demo the board is setup with a fan. Is the fan optional or when the demo is running the board definitely needs it?

That's coming asap..

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

anti writer

Sep 30, 2019, 1:32:42 PM9/30/19
to BeagleBoard
Getting

Corrupt JPEG data: 56 extraneous bytes before marker 0xd3
Corrupt JPEG data: 14 extraneous bytes before marker 0xd7

error with Logitech, Inc. HD Webcam C910.
Any tips?

Cheers,
A.

Enter code here...Started /var/lib/cloud9/: classification.tidl.cpp
File path: /var/lib/cloud9/BeagleBone/AI/tidl
File: /var/lib/cloud9/BeagleBone/AI/tidl/classification.tidl.cpp
Arguments:
File name: classification.tidl.cpp
File extension: cpp
File base name: classification.tidl
Packages: ~.c9/packages
Project path: /var/lib/cloud9/
Project name: projectname
Hostname: localhost
Hostname path: https://undefined/BeagleBone/AI/tidl/classification.tidl.cpp
URL
: http://localhost
Port: 8080
IP
: 0.0.0.0
Command: BeagleBone/AI/tidl/classification.tidl.cpp
Python: python3
Python path: /usr/lib/python3.7/dist-packages:/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages
/var/lib/cloud9/common/Makefile:27: MODEL=BeagleBoard.org_BeagleBone_AI,TARGET=classification.tidl,COMMON=/var/lib/cloud9/common
/var/lib/cloud9/common/Makefile:145: GEN_DIR=/tmp/cloud9-examples,CHIP=am57xx,PROC=tidl,PRUN=,PRU_DIR=,EXE=.so
CXX     classification
.tidl.cpp
LD
/tmp/cloud9-examples/classification.tidl.o
ti
-mct-heap-check -c
sudo mjpg_streamer
-i "input_opencv.so -r 640x480 --filter ./classification.tidl.so" -o "output_http.so -p 8080 -w /usr/share/mjpg-streamer/www"
[sudo] password for debian:
MJPG
Streamer Version.: 2.0
: device........... : default
: Desired Resolution: 640 x 480
: filter........... : ./classification.tidl.so
: filter args ..... :
Initializing filter
allocating execution
object pipelines (EOP)
allocating executors
allocating individual
EOPs
allocating I
/O memory for each EOP
Allocating input and output buffers
Allocating input and output buffers
Allocating input and output buffers
Allocating input and output buffers
num_eops
=4
About to start ProcessFrame loop!!
http
://localhost:8080/?action=stream
: www-folder-path......: /usr/share/mjpg-streamer/www/
: HTTP TCP port........: 8080
: HTTP Listen Address..: (null)
: username:password....: disabled
: commands.............: enabled
Corrupt JPEG data: 56 extraneous bytes before marker 0xd3
Corrupt JPEG data: 14 extraneous bytes before marker 0xd7
Segmentation fault
/var/lib/cloud9/common/Makefile:167: recipe for target 'start' failed
make
: *** [start] Error 139
rm
/tmp/cloud9-examples/classification.tidl.o

Robert Nelson

Sep 30, 2019, 1:47:48 PM9/30/19
to Beagle Board, Jason Kridner
On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 12:32 PM 'anti writer' via BeagleBoard
<beagl...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Getting
>
>> Corrupt JPEG data: 56 extraneous bytes before marker 0xd3
>> Corrupt JPEG data: 14 extraneous bytes before marker 0xd7

Jason was working on a patch for that:

https://github.com/jadonk/libjpeg-turbo/commit/276fbb806b70d79096f2deb5c42d36382b3ecf62

Jason are you ready for me to build libjpeg-turbo, or what was the plan?

Myrick Monroe

Sep 30, 2019, 5:57:13 PM9/30/19
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately, I have similar errors ("Corrupt JPEG...")with the C270 camera even after updating.  However, I did see messages every now and then after multiple "Corrupt JPEG....."  naming the object in front of the camera.
A lot of the application is working and can identify various objects. I did some online research and found this...

The same error message is mentioned and a work around provided but only for their application.

"stream_config_j11_v2.txt runs but gets the error "Corrupt JPEG data: 2 extraneous bytes before marker 0xd4". So I send stderr to /dev/null
./imagenet -i camera0 2> /dev/null  # Redirect the errors to ignore a message"

Jason Kridner

Oct 1, 2019, 5:24:45 PM10/1/19
to Robert Nelson, Beagle Board, Jason Kridner

> On Sep 30, 2019, at 1:47 PM, Robert Nelson <robert...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 12:32 PM 'anti writer' via BeagleBoard
> <beagl...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>>
>> Getting
>>
>>> Corrupt JPEG data: 56 extraneous bytes before marker 0xd3
>>> Corrupt JPEG data: 14 extraneous bytes before marker 0xd7
>
> Jason was working on a patch for that:
>
> https://github.com/jadonk/libjpeg-turbo/commit/276fbb806b70d79096f2deb5c42d36382b3ecf62
>
> Jason are you ready for me to build libjpeg-turbo, or what was the plan?

oh, yes! Forgot that it was only in my local install!

Jason Kridner

Oct 1, 2019, 5:25:54 PM10/1/19
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

On Sep 30, 2019, at 5:56 PM, Myrick Monroe <myrick...@gmail.com> wrote:

Unfortunately, I have similar errors ("Corrupt JPEG...")with the C270 camera even after updating.  However, I did see messages every now and then after multiple "Corrupt JPEG....."  naming the object in front of the camera.
A lot of the application is working and can identify various objects. I did some online research and found this...

The same error message is mentioned and a work around provided but only for their application.

"stream_config_j11_v2.txt runs but gets the error "Corrupt JPEG data: 2 extraneous bytes before marker 0xd4". So I send stderr to /dev/null
./imagenet -i camera0 2> /dev/null  # Redirect the errors to ignore a message"

It is just a work around and a number of cycles are still lost. Better to simply discard the error in the source.

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 12:47 PM Robert Nelson <robert...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 12:32 PM 'anti writer' via BeagleBoard
<beagl...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Getting
>
>> Corrupt JPEG data: 56 extraneous bytes before marker 0xd3
>> Corrupt JPEG data: 14 extraneous bytes before marker 0xd7

Jason was working on a patch for that:

https://github.com/jadonk/libjpeg-turbo/commit/276fbb806b70d79096f2deb5c42d36382b3ecf62

Jason are you ready for me to build libjpeg-turbo, or what was the plan?

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

Robert Nelson

Oct 1, 2019, 5:37:17 PM10/1/19
to Jason Kridner, Beagle Board, Jason Kridner

Robert Nelson

Oct 1, 2019, 5:47:35 PM10/1/19
to Jason Kridner, Beagle Board, Jason Kridner
and pushed out to the apt repo..

Myrick Monroe

Oct 2, 2019, 3:20:04 PM10/2/19
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Please explain how to use this patch.  Full update still results in the same  (Corrupt JPEG data: ....., segmentation fault ) errors.
Best Regards,
Myrick Monroe

Robert Nelson

Oct 2, 2019, 3:31:14 PM10/2/19
to Beagle Board, myrick...@gmail.com
On Wed, Oct 2, 2019 at 2:20 PM Myrick Monroe <myrick...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please explain how to use this patch. Full update still results in the same (Corrupt JPEG data: ....., segmentation fault ) errors.

In theory, you should just run:

sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade

But i can test tonight and see if we need to rebuild anything
downstream of libjpeg-turbo

Dobrin Alexiev

Oct 3, 2019, 8:26:53 PM10/3/19
to BeagleBoard

Thanks you for the "classification.tidl" demo. Very nice one.

The only problem is it kept crashing with segmentation fault.

I had it running only 2 out of 10 runs.

About to start ProcessFrame loop!!

http://localhost:8080/?action=stream

 o: www-folder-path......: /usr/share/mjpg-streamer/www/

 o: HTTP TCP port........: 8080

 o: HTTP Listen Address..: (null)

 o: username:password....: disabled

 o: commands.............: enabled

Segmentation fault

/var/lib/cloud9/common/Makefile:167: recipe for target 'start' failed

make: *** [start] Error 139

The "dummy.tidl" demo worked well so far. It ran 5 out of 5.