BBAI upgrade kernel to 5.4

Oier G de Albeniz

Aug 3, 2020, 5:56:24 PM8/3/20
to BeagleBoard
Hi all,

I just got my BBAI and was trying to update the system and kernel. I need a 5.4+ kernel for the project I'm working on. I can update the kernel to 4.19, but I am not able to update the kernel to 5.4. I'm using the following command:

sudo /opt/scripts/tools/update_kernel.sh --ti-channel --lts-5_4

The upgrade process seems to go ok, but on next boot the system seems to crash. I dont have a serial debug cable, so I cannot see the kernel boot logs, but what I see is that my PC will not connect by USB, the virtual network devices will not appear in 'ifconfig' and the storage device will not load.

Im trying to get a serial debug cable, but in the meantime, has anybody succesfully run linux 5.4 on the BBAI? Am I doing some rookie mistake I'm not aware of? Any ideas? Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Regards,
--
Oier