[BeagleBone AI] Product details

milan...@gmail.com

Aug 18, 2020, 12:34:54 PM8/18/20
to BeagleBoard
Hello

I would like to ask about some specifics of the BeagleBone AI board https://beagleboard.org/ai).

I am currently working on a study targeting AI accelerator modules and development boards. We are interested in the  BeagleBone AI board as it might fit the requirements of our client who wishes to enroll a large-scale deployment (thousands of modules) in a few years.

I am currently missing the following information:

1. Operating lifetime (in years)
Some manufacturers (e.g., Nvidia) provide an estimate of the operating lifetime of their modules in hours or years.

2. Product lifecycle
We need this information to understand until when the  BeagleBone AI board will be available on the market.

3. Warranty
Is there any warranty defined by the manufacturer on the BeagleBone AI board?

4. Operating temperature range
What is the temperature range for the operation of the BeagleBone AI board?

5. Compliance
The system reference manual defines the CE compliance as TBD (https://github.com/beagleboard/beaglebone-ai/wiki/System-Reference-Manual). Is the board currently compliant with EU standards ?

Many thanks in advance for your assistance.

Robert Nelson

Aug 18, 2020, 12:50:43 PM8/18/20
to Beagle Board
On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 11:34 AM <milan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I would like to ask about some specifics of the BeagleBone AI board https://beagleboard.org/ai).
>
> I am currently working on a study targeting AI accelerator modules and development boards. We are interested in the BeagleBone AI board as it might fit the requirements of our client who wishes to enroll a large-scale deployment (thousands of modules) in a few years.
>
> I am currently missing the following information:
>
> 1. Operating lifetime (in years)
> Some manufacturers (e.g., Nvidia) provide an estimate of the operating lifetime of their modules in hours or years.

I guess that would explain why my Tegra Jetons TK1's are dead.. Kinda Stupid..

I've got a few AM5729 X15 prototype's still 'running' and building
kernel linux-image*.deb file for the beagleboard's debian repo, which
I got in the fall of 2014..

Other than a heatsink and 120mm fan to blow on 3 board's stacked, they
just run..

As long as you keep them cool and clean power, they should be fine.

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/