TFT Display Interface

engine...@gmail.com

Sep 17, 2018, 10:05:12 PM9/17/18
to BeagleBoard
Is it possible to interface this TFT display (https://tinyurl.com/y83chdbj) to a PocketBeagle?

Can I use I2C protocol? I guess I am going to need additional hardware, right?

Graham Haddock

Sep 18, 2018, 10:17:53 AM9/18/18
to BeagleBoard
Please do not use "TinyUrl" when distributing information.
It forces the receiver to open an unknown website on their computer.
Might be innocent, might be malicious.

If you want help, please provide the part number, and any URL should be the full and exact URL.

--- Graham

==

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 9:05 PM <engine...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is it possible to interface this TFT display (https://tinyurl.com/y83chdbj) to a PocketBeagle?

Can I use I2C protocol? I guess I am going to need additional hardware, right?

a...@ohno.lol

Sep 19, 2018, 5:05:17 PM9/19/18
to BeagleBoard
No, you can't.

It requires RGB protocol- the Sitara process supports the protocol but it's not broken out on the PocketBeagle.

There should be TFT's in that diagonal range that supports SPI.