PocketBeagle Pin Names in Bonescript

Robert LaMoreaux

Sep 30, 2017, 10:58:35 AM9/30/17
to BeagleBoard
I just got a PocketBone and  I tried some of the examples for BoneScript only to have it complain about the pin names in the examples (P8_13). So I tried changing the pin name to some pins like P1_34, P1_02 etc. These give a different error.

What are the correct pin names to use and how do I find them?

Rob

Robert Nelson

Sep 30, 2017, 1:18:52 PM9/30/17
to Beagle Board, Robert LaMoreaux

On Sep 30, 2017 9:58 AM, "Robert LaMoreaux" <roblamo...@gmail.com> wrote:
I just got a PocketBone and  I tried some of the examples for BoneScript only to have it complain about the pin names in the examples (P8_13). So I tried changing the pin name to some pins like P1_34, P1_02 etc. These give a different error.

What are the correct pin names to use and how do I find them?

Jason is still working on bonescript, if you want to send him patches to help speed things up..

Bonescript, uses config-pin, which I just finished up yesterday, for now grab this image..

Tomorrow's snapshot will have them all listed in config-pin...

Regards,

Robert LaMoreaux

Sep 30, 2017, 4:33:40 PM9/30/17
to BeagleBoard
Thanks. Glad to know I am not just crazy. I've dabble in embedded programming to support the hardware I design, but I am no expert especially on Linux. I'm used to RT OSes more.

Rob

Sai Yamanoor

Oct 11, 2017, 9:28:59 PM10/11/17
to BeagleBoard
Hi,

I tried the image. It did not seem to work for me. Is there some setting I am missing here?

Sai

Robert Nelson

Oct 11, 2017, 9:31:15 PM10/11/17
to Beagle Board, yaman...@gmail.com
On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 8:28 PM, Sai Yamanoor <yaman...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried the image. It did not seem to work for me. Is there some setting I
> am missing here?

Please define "it"...

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

Sai Yamanoor

Oct 11, 2017, 9:44:32 PM10/11/17
to BeagleBoard
Oops Sorry. I am not sure if config-pin includes the pin names for PocketBeagle. I am trying to play with the GPIOs. For example: GPIO 58. I tried both bonescript and Python. It throws an exception.

Here is a code snippet:

GPIO.setup("P2_4", GPIO.OUT)

while True:
    GPIO.output("P2_4", GPIO.HIGH)
    time.sleep(0.5)
    GPIO.output("P2_4", GPIO.LOW)
    time.sleep(0.5)

My apologies if I am missing something obvious. While I have played with other board, I have new to Beaglebone.

Sai

Robert Nelson

Oct 11, 2017, 9:51:04 PM10/11/17
On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 8:44 PM, Sai Yamanoor <yaman...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Oops Sorry. I am not sure if config-pin includes the pin names for
> PocketBeagle. I am trying to play with the GPIOs. For example: GPIO 58. I
> tried both bonescript and Python. It throws an exception.
>
> Here is a code snippet:
>
> GPIO.setup("P2_4", GPIO.OUT)
>
> while True:
> GPIO.output("P2_4", GPIO.HIGH)
> time.sleep(0.5)
> GPIO.output("P2_4", GPIO.LOW)
> time.sleep(0.5)
>
> My apologies if I am missing something obvious. While I have played with
> other board, I have new to Beaglebone.

Use P2_04....

config-pin -q P2_04
config-pin -l P2_04

BUT... only "config-pin" knows what to do.

Both Jason (Bonescript) and Drew (Adafruit-io) are working on their patchset's..

So with config-pin today do:

config-pin P2_04 gpio_pu ; sleep 0.5 ; config-pin P2_04 gpio_pd ; sleep 0.5

Drew Fustini

Oct 11, 2017, 9:51:40 PM10/11/17
to Beagle Board
On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 8:44 PM, Sai Yamanoor <yaman...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Oops Sorry. I am not sure if config-pin includes the pin names for
> PocketBeagle. I am trying to play with the GPIOs. For example: GPIO 58. I
> tried both bonescript and Python. It throws an exception.
>
> Here is a code snippet:
>
> GPIO.setup("P2_4", GPIO.OUT)
>
> while True:
> GPIO.output("P2_4", GPIO.HIGH)
> time.sleep(0.5)
> GPIO.output("P2_4", GPIO.LOW)
> time.sleep(0.5)
>
> My apologies if I am missing something obvious. While I have played with
> other board, I have new to Beaglebone.

It appears that you are using the Adafruit_BBIO Python library. I am
the maintainer, and PocketBeagle support has not been added yet.

Please open an issue requesting this feature if it is something that
interests you:
https://github.com/adafruit/adafruit-beaglebone-io-python/issues

I'd also be very happy to review any pull requests.

Thanks,
Drew

Sai Yamanoor

Oct 11, 2017, 10:27:01 PM10/11/17