Robert Cachro

Nov 10, 2020, 6:56:54 PM11/10/20
to BeagleBoard
Hi,

We developed an LKM for the Beaglebone Black running Debian which runs an ISR that responds to power loss on a GPIO pin. The proper way to shutdown the beaglebone in user space is "sudo shutdown -h now". However, this does not work in linux kernel space. Our solution was to import

#include <linux/reboot.h>

and use

kernel_power_off();

Is this the proper way to shutdown the Beaglebone in kernel space? Viewing the kern.log it seems to work but the status LEDs remain on.

Thanks,
Robert

Robert Nelson

Nov 10, 2020, 7:08:35 PM11/10/20
to Beagle Board
It's actually an acpi call through the Real TIme Clock to properly
shut it down..

Ever since we moved to systemd, you can use:

sudo systemctl poweroff

Pre-Systemd era, we relied on the acpi package to be installed to
property shut things down..

so yeah, trace what "systemctl poweroff" does and then it'll work..

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

robert...@gmail.com

Nov 10, 2020, 7:35:50 PM11/10/20
to BeagleBoard
As always very helpful.. Thank you Robert.