Beaglebone AI, only 610M RAM?

Richard Krehbiel

Nov 6, 2019, 7:26:05 AM11/6/19
to BeagleBoard
I built my image from these instructions, and on my Beaglebone AI with 1GB of RAM, /proc/meminfo says "624984 kB".

So, what's consuming the other 413M?  Can I get some of that back?  Thanks.

Jason Kridner

Nov 7, 2019, 10:20:35 AM11/7/19
to BeagleBoard
On Wednesday, November 6, 2019 at 7:26:05 AM UTC-5, Richard Krehbiel wrote:
I built my image from these instructions, and on my Beaglebone AI with 1GB of RAM, /proc/meminfo says "624984 kB".

So, what's consuming the other 413M?  Can I get some of that back?  Thanks.

By default, it is reserved for the C66/EVE processors. There has been much discussion about making it more dynamically allocatable, but, for now, it would require editing the device tree.

Due to a lack of foresight, the nodes don't have labels, which makes creating an overlay a bit more difficult.

In the default image, you can go to /opt/source/dtb-4.14-ti, edit src/arm/am5729-beagleboneai.dts to remove those lines, make, sudo make install and reboot and you should get all of the memory back.

domo...@gmail.com

Nov 18, 2019, 9:23:09 AM11/18/19
to BeagleBoard
make, sudo make install and reboot and you should get all of the memory back.

what or where should I make and sudo make install?
Im not a developer...

best regards

domo...@gmail.com

Nov 18, 2019, 9:23:12 AM11/18/19
to BeagleBoard
Hi
Can you give a full instruction how to free 1gb memory?
What should I make and install?
I m not developer
Thanks in advance
Radek

Radek X

Nov 18, 2019, 9:23:54 AM11/18/19
to BeagleBoard
Hi
Iam not developer but iam interesing how to get higher memory amount.
Can you send an instruction what i should make and install?