beagleboard x15 & LCD Cape

Michaël Musset

Feb 16, 2018, 9:02:22 AM2/16/18
to beagleboard-x15
Hi, I discovered that jason.kridner made a cape for the beagleboard x15, is it available somewhere ? do we have other cape ?

image:

Gerald Coley

Feb 16, 2018, 9:39:05 AM2/16/18
to Michaël Musset, beagleboard-x15

That is the LCD from the AM5728 EVM.

Gerald

Micka

Feb 16, 2018, 9:37:20 PM2/16/18
to Gerald Coley, beagleboard-x15
Thx,  is it compatible with the beagleboard x15?

Micka,

Robert Nelson

Feb 16, 2018, 9:42:18 PM2/16/18
to Micka, beagleboard-x15
On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 8:37 PM, Micka <micka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thx, is it compatible with the beagleboard x15?

Using TI's image it is.. Or should be.. i haven't personally ported it
to our kernel yet..

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

Jason Kridner

Feb 17, 2018, 12:26:08 AM2/17/18
to Robert Nelson, Micka, beagleboard-x15

> On Feb 16, 2018, at 9:41 PM, Robert Nelson <robert...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 8:37 PM, Micka <micka...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thx, is it compatible with the beagleboard x15?
>
> Using TI's image it is.. Or should be.. i haven't personally ported it
> to our kernel yet..

I will send one so that he can. Never made it off-the-shelf for X15 despite expectations.

> Regards,
>
> --
> Robert Nelson
> https://rcn-ee.com/

Gerald Coley

Feb 17, 2018, 7:43:02 AM2/17/18
to Micka, beagleboard-x15

Yes. We designed the X15 and the LCD as the AM5728 EVM.

Gerald

Micka

Feb 17, 2018, 8:28:12 AM2/17/18
to Gerald Coley, beagleboard-x15
Thx, do you know owner where I can find only the lcd cape?

Micka,

Gerald Coley

Feb 17, 2018, 8:31:10 AM2/17/18
to Micka, beagleboard-x15

They were only made for the EVM. The fact is they are expensive to make, they have a lot more than just an LCD on them. Unless they can be built in larger quantites, they will be very pricey.

michel...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2019, 5:11:56 PM1/10/19
to beagleboard-x15
I had it working with the B1 version. Someone zapped a couple of the evm boards and I replaceced them with Beagleboard X15 B1 boards. I just had to add the LCD portion to the device tree, borrowed from the TI evm.

I haven't tried it with the Rev C but it should work as well.