Fwd: [beagleboard] Deep Learning on the BeagleBoard-X15

Jason Kridner

Jan 10, 2019, 8:52:54 AM1/10/19
to beagleb...@googlegroups.com

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Mark A. Yoder" <mark.a...@gmail.com>
Date: January 9, 2019 at 8:08:28 PM CST
To: BeagleBoard <beagl...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [beagleboard] Deep Learning on the BeagleBoard-X15

It was recently pointed out to me that the BeagleBoard-X15 has hardware that supports Deep Learning and TI has already created several examples of how to use it.

I've created a wiki page that gives a quick guide for installing and running the examples.

All the examples are pretrained and the X15 is just running the inference engine.  It's been trained to recognize 1000 objects from a live video stream.
Using a simple webcam, I've shown it several objects (tennis ball, baseball, coffee mug, beer bottle, etc.) and it has recognized them all.

I'm impressed.

Has anyone else played with this? What do you think?

--Mark

Items.pngWater_bottle.png

Mark A. Yoder

Jan 10, 2019, 5:11:46 PM1/10/19