status update of my project.
- Added C-bindings to the PRUSS-Bindings repo and made it use the daemon service:
- Added the Read/Write functions to the PRU memory through /dev/mem: https://github.com/pratimugale/PRUSS-Bindings/pull/4
Checked these functions by writing data to shared memory from PRU and reading that memory from the ARM side.
- Was able to add a basic PWM example: working on making it multichannel, taking input from user space: https://github.com/pratimugale/PRUSS-Bindings/pull/5Plans for next Week:
- Complete the multichannel PWM example also taking the input from user space.
- Add multithreading support in python daemon so that the the daemon can listen to other requests while waiting for a response from the PRU. Current Blockers:
- Couldn't get the PRU-DMA project to start working.
- Whenever the PRU is running and memory is tried to be accessed from ARM (to change the inputs) , the PRU stops working and the pru_rproc module gets unprobed.
[ 4997.682918] pruss 4a300000.pruss: unconfigured system_events[63-0] = 0x00000000.000c0000
[ 4997.682940] pruss 4a300000.pruss: unconfigured host_intr = 0x0000000a
[ 4997.683016] remoteproc remoteproc2: stopped remote processor 4a338000.pru
[ 4997.724012] pru-rproc 4a338000.pru: pru_rproc_remove: removing rproc 4a338000.pru
[ 4997.730226] remoteproc remoteproc2: releasing 4a338000.pru
[ 4997.730482] pru-rproc 4a334000.pru: pru_rproc_remove: removing rproc 4a334000.pru
[ 4997.730881] remoteproc remoteproc1: releasing 4a334000.pru
[ 4997.742442] pruss 4a300000.pruss: remove PRU cores and other child platform devices