Midi Setup Evan Merz

Talha Safi

May 21, 2021, 7:01:54 PM5/21/21
to beadsproject

Im trying to setup my AKAI MPK Mini II for the midi section of the guide but it seems to be giving this error.
Screenshot 2021-05-21 001318.png
Does anyone have a solution as to how this problem can be fixed?

c3rm4k

Jul 17, 2021, 6:05:48 PM7/17/21
to beadsproject
I (probably) had similar problem. Your Akai keyboard is mentioned twice in the list, one is reciever and the other is transmitter. You are trying to use reciever because it's first, but you really want just the other one.
I made this quick fix to MidiKeyboard class, row 107 (?), I added code in red:

if(d.getName().contains(deviceName) && device.getMaxTransmitters() == -1)

I'm not sure if it is a good way how to indentify transmitter but it works for me.