Getting 'cannot resolve symbol error' even though libraries are installed

Daniel Nuttall

Jul 5, 2020, 7:53:04 PM7/5/20
to beadsproject
Hi guys,

I am completely new to Beads and I'm currently doing the Hello_Beads project and installed the all libraries from the Beads website. However, even though I imported everything, the 'addInput' and 'start()' methods for the AudioContext class aren't recognized.

I'm not sure why this is, but if anyone could help me that would be great :). I'm pretty sure I've added all the libraries correctly, as all the imports are recognized. I've double checked the documentation to make sure these methods still exist, and it seems they do.

I've attached a screenshot to show the errors.
BeadsIssue.PNG

Gustavo Fermin

Jul 6, 2020, 12:34:17 PM7/6/20
to beadsp...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I am also new to Processing and beads but I think it would be wise to add the libraries from within the Processing IDE, just to make sure.

Best,

Gus

Daniel Nuttall

Jul 6, 2020, 12:37:37 PM7/6/20
to beadsproject
Hey Gus,

I am so DUMB! I didn’t even realize I didn’t have a main method in the class🤦🏻. Everything works fine now, only issue is that I don’t hear any sound when I run the test classes (tested speakers etc), but I’m sure I can figure that one out.

Thanks for the reply either way👍🏻.

Daniel

Ollie Bown

Jul 6, 2020, 7:01:00 PM7/6/20
to beadsp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel,

what system are you on? Should work out of the box from Mac but might require some config fiddling on other platforms.

Ollie

Daniel Nuttall

Jul 6, 2020, 7:07:48 PM7/6/20
to beadsproject
Hi Ollie,

I am using IntelliJ Idea, I haven't thought about using Processing but I'm sure the Beads library works on all IDE's?

Regards,

Daniel

On Tuesday, July 7, 2020 at 1:01:00 AM UTC+2, Ollie wrote:
Hi Daniel,

what system are you on? Should work out of the box from Mac but might require some config fiddling on other platforms.

Ollie

> On 7 Jul 2020, at 2:37 am, Daniel Nuttall <danielrog...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hey Gus,
>
> I am so DUMB! I didn’t even realize I didn’t have a main method in the class🤦🏻. Everything works fine now, only issue is that I don’t hear any sound when I run the test classes (tested speakers etc), but I’m sure I can figure that one out.
>
> Thanks for the reply either way👍🏻.
>

> Daniel

Ollie Bown

Jul 6, 2020, 8:47:25 PM7/6/20
to beadsp...@googlegroups.com
My question is about what OS you’re on. JavaSound’s interaction with the OS audio system varies. That’s why I’m asking, with respect to you not hearing sound.

(The IDE will not actually matter with respect to this, it’s all about the JVM and the Operating System).

Beads for Processing can be installed via their plugin system. However, it’s very out of date as we failed to update our build process for Processing. Hopefully I’ll have that fixed soon with the help of a student intern, Charlton Wong, on this list, who is building a proper Maven repo and fixing the Processing package structure.

Best,

Ollie

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beadsproject/3ec3e269-28c4-4fd8-9479-fbace47e9299o%40googlegroups.com.