sonification of an image outside of java

Oscar Sawyer

Sep 13, 2021, 4:59:23 AM9/13/21
to beadsproject
Hi everyone!
I feel this is a silly question but I read Evan Merz' Sonifying Processing and I couldn't find the answer I was looking for.
I have a program I am running that draws images that change and progress naturally and I was wondering if anyone had any advice for using beads to read video to then convert that to sound? Is this outside of the scope of the library? If not would anyone be able to point me in the right direction?
Thank you in advance, any help is greatly appreciated.

Roy.Lachapelle

Nov 14, 2021, 5:18:19 AM11/14/21
to beadsproject
There are a few programs out there if you google it, but I thought this 'computerphile' youtube video was a really good explanation of one way to do it.  While the programmer in the video uses C sharp, his explanation is good enough that you could use any language.

If your image was dynamic, you would have to come up with a way to "detect" values from a two dimensional image, possibly using colors and/or locations to be converted into frequencies and amplitudes.