Sterling's Bio

Sterling

Oct 21, 2010, 2:09:23 AM10/21/10
to Beacon Hill Merchants
Greetings, Beacon Hill entrepreneurs!

My name is Sterling Roszel; I am Verity Credit Union's Relationship
Associate at our Beacon Hill branch. This is my official bio
submission to volunteer for the Beacon Hill Merchants board as
Treasurer:

I've lived in Seattle for going on ten years now. Before moving to
Seattle I was born and raised in Indonesia, then Australia, and have
had (and still do) the privilege of traveling the globe many times
over. Seattle is one of the few cities in the United States I would
live in for a number of reasons, but primarily for it's diversity and
openness to growth and new ideas; Beacon Hill is an up and coming
Seattle neighborhood which completely embodies these things.

I have to admit, before accepting my current position I was very
unfamiliar with the Beacon Hill area. That said, before permanently
settling down in my Magnolia neighborhood, I have enjoyed living in
many other Seattle neighborhoods and since working here have come to
truly appreciate the uniqueness and potential for our quaint Beacon
Hill. By banding together and creating the Beacon Hill Merchants we
are completing a necessary step in integrating ourselves into the
success of our community's development.

Finance is my forte. Throughout college I worked for banks, then
shortly after graduating I decided to make the move over to a credit
union. I've never been happier; I have the pleasure of helping
members of our community and credit union achieve and maintain
financial well-being in addition to building rapport with those who
approach me for my expertise.

I am confident I am the best candidate for Treasurer because I excel
at budgeting, both managing and reporting funds, and handling
financial tables. I have been employed in the financial industry now
for going on seven years, having the good opportunity to conduct
myself in various roles and hence gaining multiple aspects of how to
implement what works best. I'm also a great people-person who enjoys
networking. I believe in the great potential of Beacon Hill's
businesses and the goals that the Beacon Hill Merchants is striving to
achieve. All that being said, let's get to business! Or should I
say, businesses?!