interesting letter from patient about preventing ingrown toenails ציפורן חודרנית

harold jitschak bueno de mesquita

May 12, 2009, 4:44:30 PM5/12/09
to ggc
Shalom Dr Bueno,

I read your advice regarding the remedy for ingrown toe nail with great interest because I have been cutting my toe nails in a similar fashion most of my life.  In response to an ingrown toe nail I suffered as a teenager my father taught me to always cut my toe nails using a curved pair of nail scissors with the convex side towards the toe thus causing the middle of the nail to be cut deeper than the corners.  This he claimed was to prevent the formation of an ingrown toe nail and provided an explanation similar yours i.e. the middle of the nail pushes forward drawing the sides inward.   The practice goes against logic which would lead one to believe that the cut should follow the curve of the toe as one does on the finger nails. Most people view this as weird funny and eccentric but it works

Best wishes,

codes:prpingrowntoenails prpigt prpingrown